Desoto wheel bolts

John32369

Yup,left hand thread and right hand thread lug bolts were a Mopar standard for I don't know how long. My 31 Plymouth has them,and so does my 49 Chrysler and 55 Plymouth.

They can be a pain in the ass to change tires,but IF nobody has decided to mount Ford wheels on your car at some time in the past,there should be a locator stud on each brake drum that fits into one of the small holes between the  lug bolt holes to help you line the bolt holes up.

If the studs are missing from your brake drums,I have no idea where you can buy replacements. They aren't absolutely necessary,but they sure do make the job of putting a wheel back on the car a lot easier.

If the little mounting pin is missing then get a rodd that has the same thread pitch and then  screw it into one of the mounting bolt holes then put the rim on so that one one on the rim uses the rod to hold the rim.  My volvo uses bolts but there also is not mounting stud or pin. There is a tool that screws into the hole and the outer part of the rod is not threaded so the rim slides over the rod or temporary moutning pin to hold the rima dn tie in place until you can thread in several of the bolts.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com