Business coupe back glass

John32369

I am lucky enough to have purchased a 48 business coupe with a back window still in it.  As far as I know they are pretty hard to find if one is needed.  What do if theirs is missing?  Does anyone reproduce these?  Can one be made out of lexan? Are there shops that do this?

28 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

it is a shame that the Dodge bz cp did not follow the trend of the Plymouth bz cp in installing flat glass in this position...

I thought the Plym back window had a slight curve? I've got a spare back window somewhere that has a curve to it. It was laying in a 47Plym parts car I had bought. I've got a 46 business coupe, never paid much attention to it. The spare glass has a slight curve.

1 hour ago, busycoupe said:

I believe that the  Dodge 3  window body is shared with the  and Chrysler and Desoto 3  window coupes. A search for glass for all 3 may help.

It's true that the rear window on the 46-48 business coupe for these three lines interchanges. I searched for a couple years and never found one.  Club coupe rear window is different than the 3-window window.

Edited by jcmiller

24 minutes ago, jcmiller said:

It's true that the rear window on the 46-48 business coupe for these three lines interchanges. I searched for a couple years and never found one.  Club coupe rear window is different.

The club coupe rear window is different from the business coupe but I've read I believe on here that the club coupe rear window fits the entire DPCD line for 46-48

This glass was laying in the back seat of a club coupe I bought from a junkyard that was closing down. I assumed it was same as my business coupe. That car had a lot of interesting "extras" in it. Found a model A dash under the seat, an old 2stroke gasoline powered washing machine engine in the trunk among other treasures. 

The one I have is 36.5" measured in the inside. It is curved. Looks a lot like the one in my 4Dr parts car and it's also curved best I can tell. The grass is high, it's right next to the woods and pretty snakey. So That's the best I can tell at this time.  My business coupe is at my son's garage, so I can't compare to it right now. This glass has a few scuffs, may polish out. I don't need it, if someone does PM me, other wise it goes back to the shelf.

• 1 month later...

Wasn't easy but I found a spare which is good because I found a 46 business coupe close to me for cheap that needs a back glass. I did find a place that says they could probably reproduce the glass in polycarbonate.