Carter B&B E7T2 downdraft for my IND251 engine.

I run since 1987 with a brazilian DFV,same type as Zenith 228.Never had problem.I bought this Carter B&B from ebay (united automotive remanufacturing)-Londonderry,New Hampshire.Thanks all members of this forum that advised me to buy this model.Regards.

19.Jun.17 026.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Fernando Mendes said:

I run since 1987 with a brazilian DFV,same type as Zenith 228.Never had problem.I bought this Carter B&B from ebay (united automotive remanufacturing)-Londonderry,New Hampshire.Thanks all members of this forum that advised me to buy this model.Regards.

19.Jun.17 026.jpg

Was the gasket shown supplied with this carburetor?

3 hours ago, Dozerman51 said:

Hello Fernando.

Just be aware that that carburetor to intake manifold gasket they sent you is for a carburetor that has a governor.  If you don't have a governor, you need the gasket that has the slots, not the holes.

Thanks for your information.

19 hours ago, Fernando Mendes said:

1)Why?

2)All IND engines are CHRYSLER?

3)I thought all IND is not for trucks.

why because for some reason the wife thinks car parts ruin the table, stain the floor, and generally just make a mess. Maybe I shouldn't have used the dishwasher as a parts washer, (but it does make the chrome shine)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bill from SE WA said:

Just wondering what would be the benefit to switching to a carter B&B over a Zenith 228?

A carter B&B would be much easier to service and parts are easily available here in the states.

5 hours ago, bach4660 said:

why because for some reason the wife thinks car parts ruin the table, stain the floor, and generally just make a mess. Maybe I shouldn't have used the dishwasher as a parts washer, (but it does make the chrome shine)

This is my case too.All IND engines are Crysler?

9 hours ago, Bill from SE WA said:

Just wondering what would be the benefit to switching to a carter B&B over a Zenith 228?

The benefit to me is only because I never used the original Carter B&B.I use a Zenith 228 in my WWII GMC 353 2 1/2 ton 6x6 270 c.i.d.I still use in my B3-B Dodge the brazilian DFV.

Ok thanks to your information,but I already spent much money to this carburetor enter in Brazil and in my state(Rio Grande do Sul) too.I do not have hurry,because my PU is running very well after three months fighting with my fuel pump.

1 hour ago, Dozerman51 said:

Fernando,

Just order the gasket with the slots from Mike Carburetor or any other well regarded Carb. Shop on the web.  Make sure the gasket has the 2&11/16" diameter hole and not the 2&9/16" diameter hole which is for the 23" motor manifold.

My base number 1-237 and 28 on top base and flange 261 and letter A.

21.Jun.17 023.jpg

21.Jun.17 024.jpg

17 hours ago, Dozerman51 said:

Fernando,

Just order the gasket with the slots from Mike Carburetor or any other well regarded Carb. Shop on the web.  Make sure the gasket has the 2&11/16" diameter hole and not the 2&9/16" diameter hole which is for the 23" motor manifold.

Dozerman51,I saw today this archive from an E7T2 B&B carburetor and it says that flange diameter is 1 1/2" ,throttle bore is 1 11/16" and main venturi is 1 11/32".

22.junho.17 004.jpg