Problems with fatman drop uprightd

Pvnyhus

someone MAY be able to help but not without the measurements of what you have as original bushings and what the diameter of the upper opening on the Fatman upright may be...but for sure....if there is a difference, one would think that Fatman would have inquired or allowed selection of one size over that of the other.  Some folks have the specification on these parts.

as an edit, and being as how you are in Norway, COULD there be a difference in say a smaller Plymouth body in Dodge badges...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

delay what I posted here if you read it earlier ...this is an edit...I worked in the wrong direction on my first post......the upper opening is smaller by .03937  given this small amount...have you loosened the pinch bolt and inserted a wedge to open the gap a bit to allow insert. This bush will require a bit of clamping force to ensure it stays in place...if this is not logical for you to try then your recourse is to contact Fatman....the Plymouth upper opening is 36.5mm just as a reference on the new set I have on hand here...

I talked to Farman to day and the uprights wil not fit my 41.its for a 39/40 mopar. So I have to make some bushings. The one on top I can take about 2mm of it and it wil fit. But the lower one I need to know what kind of threads it's on a 40 mopar bushing? And on the bushing bolt for a 41 so I can make a new one that wil fit 41car and 40 uprights.

with having to make modifications of stock parts for wrong uprights both ends.....I would probably make the call to get the correct upright and make use of the stock replacement parts that are READILY available and in your hand and thus prevent everything from being a custom cut....OR,  for that matter, just order the correct upper and lower bushings for the 39/40 if Fatman says that is the only difference..BUT if you comfortable reinventing the wheel...then this problem looks to have been resolved with your decision to make the cuts. 

21 hours ago, Pvnyhus said:

I have got uprights for a 40 mopar and I got a 41;( is IT posibel to use knuckle bushing for a 40 on my 41?

the 39 and the 40 are different upper bushings with 39 having a distinct part number along with 40 being a distinct number.......the upper control arm is the same for 39/40..... the 40 bushing is external eccentric nut across the mopar lineup while the 41 and up through 47 (high as my Streamliner goes) is the internal eccentric nut...

the books gets a bit confusing as they show both style eccentrics for the same model years 39...

........1939 Plymouth upper inner pin uses 2 bolts to attach to the chassis.........1940 Plymouth upper inner pin uses 4 bolts(same thru to 1956) to attach to the chassis.........1939 & 1940 upper A arm is the same part but different to 1941................1941 Plymouth upper A Arm is the same 1941 to 1956 and uses the same upper outer bush and pin 1941 to 1956............the spindle is the same 1939 to 48 at least, tho' the sway bar mount is changed from 1946............

..........I have a 1940 Oz Dodge which uses the 1940 Plymouth chassis & suspension..........I have 1941-56 upper A arm & inner/outer pins & bushes that bolted straight onto the original 1940 spindle which has a 1941-1956 style stub axle fitted using 1939-1956 kingpins..........the lower A arm is the stock 1940 A arm and as far as I am aware the only difference in the lower arm after 1946 is the sway bar mount that attaches to the A arm rather than via the link to the front of the spindle used 1939 to 1942........ the lower inner and outer pins and bushes are the same 1939 to 1956.

.........I dunno if any of this helps...........andyd..   

I’ve used Fatman’s stuff before, many years ago. I had nothing problems with the components, and their “technical support” was a joke—they either didn’t know much about the particular component, or didn’t want to deal with helping us with the problem, or (more likely . . .) both. So, if it a choice of Fatman’s stuff, or nothing—I do with go with nothin’!!!

PS—I’m also not a fan of welded suspension components. I’ve had some negative experience in that regard, too.