My tip of the day

I went out to start my truck today and it wouldn't start. So I opened the 2 sides of the hood and looked in. I looked at all tje wiring and fuel make sure everything thing was alright. Took the gas line off and got sprayed by gas. Put it back together. I made sure all the wiring was where I pit it and tight. 

So here is where I figured it out after 2 hrs of searching. I looked at distributor and took the top metel clip off and was going take of bottom clip. No bottom clip. I had forgotten the bottom clip. 

So make sure you don't rush through stuff. I did and cost me 2 hrs of time for a clip. Anyways that's all I have to say. Could happen to anyone I guess. 

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Tail Light stops working. Brake light never worked. Thought I'd unscrew the lens and take a look at the bulb - it looks fine and then I drop it onto the garage floor. Oh crap, now it's broken. Buy a new bulb, it won't seat. Look at the socket, one of the wire ends has disappeared. The socket contact plate is stuck. Try to take off the can to get better access to the socket and wires, nuts only come off so far before they endlessly spin and now I have a dangling tail light and license plate. Bend the metal plate to get the bolts out and now it hangs by its wires, and I find the light socket is pressed in.

What to do? If I buy a DCM replacement it won't be original any longer. Drive to the salvage yard and arive at 3:55pm. They close at 4 so kick me out.

This shouldn't be so hard. Changing a bulb is kicking my a$$!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlashBuddy said:

Tail Light stops working. Brake light never worked. Thought I'd unscrew the lens and take a look at the bulb - it looks fine and then I drop it onto the garage floor. Oh crap, now it's broken. Buy a new bulb, it won't seat. Look at the socket, one of the wire ends has disappeared. The socket contact plate is stuck. Try to take off the can to get better access to the socket and wires, nuts only come off so far before they endlessly spin and now I have a dangling tail light and license plate. Bend the metal plate to get the bolts out and now it hangs by its wires, and I find the light socket is pressed in.

What to do? If I buy a DCM replacement it won't be original any longer. Drive to the salvage yard and arive at 3:55pm. They close at 4 so kick me out.

I had this problem on back of truck so bought new taillights and ripped all wiring out of back end and rewired. Took like 4hrs and now have working tail and brake light

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FlashBuddy said:

you can rebuild the light socket with new like i did.  houseing origninal with new electricals.

• Thanks 1