And so it begins

John32369

Just purchased a 48 business coupe.  Has 270 poly head with a fluid drive sitting in it right now.  Plan on putting a 230 with a straight drive from a donor car in it soon.  Wish me luck,  It has the grill and all the chrome.

IMG_0201.JPG

Edited by John32369
Missed a number
  • Like 8

John.....welcome to the forum............these guys know their stuff.........what happened to the roof?........looks like a fairly straightforward fix but still a PITA to do........is the car on its original chassis?........just curious...........these business coupes for years were not a very popular design but it seems that finally they have come into their own and about time, they are a really clean design and all deserve keeping on the road........a pity that we here in Oz only ever got 4dr sedans from 46 to 53, then Oz mopar added Utes to the sedans........coupes are all imported and highly sort after.........regards, Andyd  

Not sure what happened to the roof, but figure its going to be a multi-year project.  Not the original chassis because the guy was going to rat rod it.  I plan on getting a club coupe to use as a donor car for all my missing pieces including chassis and the drive train.  I have a 47 Desoto coupe, 46 Desoto taxi and a 46 Desoto sedan I'm working on presently as well. Yes I have a problem. I admit it lol

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

Edited by John32369
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Allmyjunk said:

It is the GEM theater i saw that desoto taxi in endy last year on the way to the lake too.  Its sure is a small world

I traded my old Winnebago for it :)  The Club Coupe came from RImer, and the barn find one came from Salisbury

Edited by John32369

John....please say you will wash that poor Desoto sedan...........lol.............looks like it would clean up quite well..........andyd 

Oh I will, just want to get it moving and stopping under its own power first.  My garage has a little lip that I would have to push it back over if I rolled it out to wash it before then.

On June 21, 2017 at 6:08 AM, John32369 said:

Not sure what happened to the roof, but figure its going to be a multi-year project.  Not the original chassis because the guy was going to rat rod it.  I plan on getting a club coupe to use as a donor car for all my missing pieces including chassis and the drive train.  I have a 47 Desoto coupe, 46 Desoto taxi and a 46 Desoto sedan I'm working on presently as well. Yes I have a problem. I admit it lol

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

Problem? What problem? I see no problem, all appears normal to me.

Tim, I did see that, but thought he was referring to having so many cars as a problem. He with the most toy wins!!! Are you in the storm path down there?

not sure of the storm path you refer, not looked at the weather radar....but we have been getting rain now daily for what is the third week...more expected today.  thanks for the heads up will check the weather map online....

my toy count is at 47, what does it take to be the winner....?

just looked at the radar, the major storms are west and north and traveling in a line that we are thankfully missing the brunt of the storm's winds etc and catching the fringe of the system.  Wife usually alerts me to this as she watches the weather, myself...if it comes this way it comes this way...I have zero control and only like to protect a few things outside if it gets bad...mainly my yard furniture...thanks for the heads up

22 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

not sure of the storm path you refer, not looked at the weather radar....but we have been getting rain now daily for what is the third week...more expected today.  thanks for the heads up will check the weather map online....

my toy count is at 47, what does it take to be the winner....?

47! You're in the running for grand champion, keep going.

49 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

just looked at the radar, the major storms are west and north and traveling in a line that we are thankfully missing the brunt of the storm's winds etc and catching the fringe of the system.  Wife usually alerts me to this as she watches the weather, myself...if it comes this way it comes this way...I have zero control and only like to protect a few things outside if it gets bad...mainly my yard furniture...thanks for the heads up

What is your secret? 47 toys and still have a wife! Wow, very impressive!

1 minute ago, John32369 said:

I do have a problem with too many cars. Does the roof look fixable? If not I know where I can get another roof and have it replaced.

ok, two plans of attack, try to align what you have back in position...if major set back with that...then plan B to do the roof replacement...