49 special deluxe clutch won't disengage

Hello all.  I just bought a 49 special deluxe that had been sitting for 10+ years. After going through the electrics, getting the brakes up, and cleaning the fuel sytem she isrunning.  I went to take her out on her maiden voyage and the clutch won't disengage. The clutch fork moves like it should.  Maybe a pilot bearing? Engine and trans were rebuilt just prior to storage. Any thoughts would be appreciated.  This is my first old plymouth. 

Most likely your clutch disc is rusted fast to the flywheel or pressure plate. If possible start the car in gear and drive it a few laps around your house with the clutch pedal pushed in. Accelerate and decelerate  while driving these laps and the clutch should pop free. This has worked for me more than once.

Where in Ohio are you located?

• Like 2

This happened to me with a BMW motorcycle once. I started in first and drove a couple of miles nearly giving myself whiplash with no luck. Inquired online and and it was suggested trying it in a higher gear, started out in 3rd and the clutch freed up within 10 feet. So if it does not work for you in 1st try a higher gear.