49 Plymouth Front Seat

Surfmerc

Yes it will,  although the Suburban had a canvas-like  covering.   Very durable, very plain ....not at all pleasing by modern standards.

I would think if you have a 49 seat worthy of transfer it has either been recovered over time to a more suiting material or will need recovered and the man is only  concerned with having a core to work with.   My suburban seats have the old old vinyl that was made in another manner compared to todays' material and appears to have a canvas backing for sure.  I am also looking for this similar material today in black and am coming up blank for my efforts. 

Not sure what the material was but it was tough.  I used a Suburban seat in my P23 Convertible and everything fit just fine.  Needless to say, I had it recovered as the restoration progressed.

Thanks everyone for the comments! I thought I would post a picture of the seat I am getting for the Suburban thinking that some of you may get a kick out of the fabric on the seat!

Till next time!!

Front Seat.jpeg

2 hours ago, Surfmerc said:

Thanks everyone for the comments! I thought I would post a picture of the seat I am getting for the Suburban thinking that some of you may get a kick out of the fabric on the seat!

Hey- I'm a little bit Scottish and that small part likes it!

But I'm mostly Dutch- not so much! :P

DJ