Some rusty parts

MackTheFinger

About 30 years ago I took a 1950 Chevrolet Fleetline in on trade. I got a Fenton split manifold with it which I promptly put with my other "collectibles" and forgot about until fairly recently, like this morning. I had made the assumption it was for the 216 in the Fleetline but on closer inspection it's marked Ply-Dodge on the back. Back then I didn't have anything to use it on and now I do!! 

Fenton.jpg

Fenton2.jpg

• Like 3

The black iron was apparently used to run heat to the bottom of the intake. There are threaded bosses on the back  of both Fenton pieces and two holes in the bottom of the intake. Half the home-rolled plumbing is still attached. Seems to me the rest was there when I got it.

I have never before seen the plate that goes under the intake manifold but I do have 2 sets of Fenton Headers like yours.  The outlet of the front header is smaller than the back one presumably to move exhaust gasses  through the carburetor heat stove.   A great find !