3 inch steel swivel roller wheels for engine stands

knuckleharley

I can't be the only one that needed a replacement wheel for a old engine stand,and had trouble finding one. I have no idea how the wheel on that old stand got broken,but the entire wheel was missing when I dragged it out of the corner day before yesterday. Cleaning up the shop and have a 291 DeSoto hemi sitting on the floor in my way.

After a couple of hours of searching the web,I finally found individual replacement wheels the same size so I don't have to buy 4 of them. They were at Jeggs,and I ordered it a 8 PM the night before last,and it was delivered to my door at 9 AM this morning. That's QUICK for Fed Ex Ground shipping!

The wheel was expensive at $19.98 including shipping,but that's still cheaper than buying a new engine stand or 4 new steel wheels the same size.

• Like 1

Just now, knuckleharley said:

I can't be the only one that needed a replacement wheel for a old engine stand,and had trouble finding one. I have no idea how the wheel on that old stand got broken,but the entire wheel was missing when I dragged it out of the corner day before yesterday. Cleaning up the shop and have a 291 DeSoto hemi sitting on the floor in my way.

After a couple of hours of searching the web,I finally found individual replacement wheels the same size so I don't have to buy 4 of them. They were at Jeggs,and I ordered it a 8 PM the night before last,and it was delivered to my door at 9 AM this morning. That's QUICK for Fed Ex Ground shipping!

The wheel was expensive at $19.98 including shipping,but that's still cheaper than buying a new engine stand or 4 new steel wheels the same size.

BTW,if Jeggs sells replacement engine stand wheels,chances are they also sell replacement wheels for things like cherry pickers.

finding replacements can often be tough...I always do an e-bay search for any need as it will give me a availability for most part, cost for the second and many times if a car part, a number I can crunch with my local parts house...in a similar situation as you...floor jack caster bit the big one...replacement was 19.95 and no free shipping...can buy a jack at the flea market for 5.00 get the wheel from it and do the fix....so I did...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-3-steel-swivel-wheels-caster-casters-330-lb-rated-capacity-each-/261779173915?hash=item3cf341321b:g:sgcAAOSwqu9U4NFz

16 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

finding replacements can often be tough...I always do an e-bay search for any need as it will give me a availability for most part, cost for the second and many times if a car part, a number I can crunch with my local parts house...in a similar situation as you...floor jack caster bit the big one...replacement was 19.95 and no free shipping...can buy a jack at the flea market for 5.00 get the wheel from it and do the fix....so I did...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-3-steel-swivel-wheels-caster-casters-330-lb-rated-capacity-each-/261779173915?hash=item3cf341321b:g:sgcAAOSwqu9U4NFz

Those are nice wheels at a really good price,but they won't work on my engine stand because they don't have studs.

15 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

take a closer look knuckle, they swivel style....

Yes,I know,but they have flat plate mounting,not stud mounting. The plates are too wide for the front of my engine stand. No place to drill holes.

4 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Yes,I know,but they have flat plate mounting,not stud mounting. The plates are too wide for the front of my engine stand. No place to drill holes.

gotcha...try these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cast-Iron-Casters-with-Steel-Housing-Swivel-Stem-3-inch-iron-wheels-4-Pack-/322545641658?hash=item4b1937e8ba:g:TuUAAOSw53NZASez

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Thanks MUCH! Just bought two sets of them. I work alone,so I try to put everything on wheels.

you welcome........I put a number of things on rollers also....I have 3 each 4' x 8' tales I work off of and they are all on rather large casters with very wide wheels for easy rolling about  in the grass between the barn and the shop.  One of the three now has my 8' brake set up on it along with my bead roller on the other side corner. 

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Casters cheap enough I thought about buying some even if I don't know where to use them at the moment but I am sure I could use some around the garage or house as suggested use on the sellers page!  B)

DJ