New Board - new name

Ken_Hart

Guest Dave Claussen
With the new requirement to go to 8 letters I think there will be a number of us that have to change our names, mine did not change much.. Ken H to Ken_Hart

Who else had to change

Yea, me too! I'm going from just Dave C. to my full name, Dave Claussen. Anybody who saw us the old way will hopefully make the crossover to our new names. Kinda wish there was more room in our profile area to put more info but I guess we'll just get along with what we have room for.

I went from BKahler to 1951B3B108.

Brad

Brad, I'm not too fond of the all numbers thing, even tho it describes your vehicle. Should I address you as "Dear 1951" since I probably won't recall the name attached to the numbers???? Just my own opinion, of course.

What I did for my name was.....take the original BobT and then added "-47P15". That was the only thing that came to mind at first. It can always be revised later if desired. Interesting watching the changes being made.

Brad, I'm not too fond of the all numbers thing, even tho it describes your vehicle. Should I address you as "Dear 1951" since I probably won't recall the name attached to the numbers???? Just my own opinion, of course.

What I did for my name was.....take the original BobT and then added "-47P15". That was the only thing that came to mind at first. It can always be revised later if desired. Interesting watching the changes being made.

Bob, I don't like it either! I was in a hurry that morning and when I found I couldn't use bkahler I thought what the h*ll try something different.

I'm going to check with gtk to see if I can change it to something more appropriate like Brad-51B3B.

How about it GTK, can this be done?

Brad

Bob, I don't like it either! I was in a hurry that morning and when I found I couldn't use bkahler I thought what the h*ll try something different.

I'm going to check with gtk to see if I can change it to something more appropriate like Brad-51B3B.

How about it GTK, can this be done?

Brad

Yes you can modify your log in just log in and click "User CP" up the top on the grey-brown line. This will take you to your User page and then you have all sort of choices to change your Profile.

Yes you can modify your log in just log in and click "User CP" up the top on the grey-brown line. This will take you to your User page and then you have all sort of choices to change your Profile.

GTK, I looked at all the options under CP and the only thing it seems that you can't change is your login name.

Can the Administrator do so for me?

Brad

• 8 years later...

has it been almost 9 years since this board started?  time flies, I reckon...although I believe there was a different forum that predated this that I may have participated on 16 yrs ago but I may be thinking of something else :cool:

This is, I think, the third iteration of software running the board. There was a complete break with no saved posts between the first one and the second. GTK was able to migrate the posts from the 2nd iteration to this one. If I recall correctly, I joined the original board in 2001

• Like 2