Dodge 1936 Trunk handle lock

Magnus

Trying to get my trunk lock to work. I am a bit unsure if I am missing some parts. Anyone knowing? The construction is a bit confusing to me and I don't have a correct one to take a part. Shall it be locked from the beginning or should do you unlock/lock when you turn the key around?

IMG_3060.PNG.3b2c75e6547363e30b3a740e11883b64.PNG

Hi, I just tried the trunk lock on my '36 Plymouth coupe - it may be the same design internally as your Dodge. One full turn of the key clockwise locks the trunk (actually the handle rotates freely so the trunk can't be opened) and one full turn counter clockwise unlocks the trunk (now the handle is connected to the latch and the trunk may be opened). I removed the lock cylinder from a spare '36 Plymouth trunk handle to see whats in there. My lock cylinder looks similar to yours. The little tab on the bottom of the lock cylinder engages the disc with the u-shaped slot down in the handle and rotates it when the key is turned. As the disc turns it pushes a little pawl in and out of engagement and allows the handle to turn freely or not. It looks like everything is pressed together and then peened in place. I hope this is of some help.

DSC07537.jpg

Thanks for the picture and all information! It's big help for me! Our cylinders are the same but my bottom of the handle are different compared with yours. The only conclusion I can come up with is that my handle is coming from a none Mopar car alternatively there are different cylinders around. I have google for different cylinder but all looks like ours. 

Regards,

Magnus

IMG_3067.thumb.JPG.10b0be4f5c3604a4c6596f46d0f964f3.JPG