Went to a 100 car estate sale today.

casper50

One of our original homesteaders has passed and her children, (in their 60's), are selling all of the old cars/trucks that the parents collected over the years.  Most were pretty bad.  Here's a few that I thought worthy of a photo or two.

1. neat cabover.  Only badge on it said :"3000"   $1250

2. Nash Rambler Super    $400

3.  58 Dodge Royal Lancer 2 door HT with Hemi.  Intake was missing.  $750

20170610_113344.jpg

20170610_113131.jpg

20170610_113143.jpg

20170610_112655.jpg

Edited by casper50

Most of the cars and there were some interesting ones, were sitting on bare rims on the ground.  Moss anywhere from 6 inches to a foot up the sides.  I went looking at the 49 Pontiac tin woody.  half buried in moss.  Most likely swiss cheese.

20170610_112712.jpg

7 hours ago, casper50 said:

Maybe suppose to look like this?

61468_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Yup that's the one! The little fins on the 1/4s and you can see what's left of the little side trim that would have come back from the headlight ring are what identify it as a custom royal. 

Edited by Young Ed

No this was all of the vehicles that the entire family owned and used from the 50's until the last few years.  Alaskan homesteaders never ever threw anything away.  You might need it later and in the 50's and 60's things were difficult to get or get up here.  Many families drove the same model, make and year of vehicle for years.  When one broke down you bought another.  Then you had a stash of spare parts.

52 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

it never fails, you keep an item about because there may be a need for it down the road...you trip over it for years, chunk it and within the week you looking for that item....have done that a few times myself....often is hard let some things go

Total agreement with this! I sometimes wonder if I'm one of those hording types. I stop and give it thought, then figure out a way to justify my behavior and keep buying junk cars, motorcycles and parts.

Cool I've got a new title, " collector "  . But I'm aspiring to be an eccentric.  I always wondered if I was going to be that  A-hole old man that had some really cool stuff, that he wouldn't part with. Lived way back in the hills, you might get shot nosing around his place. Had the mean dogs that would chew on the fence as you walked by. Kinda looking that way. lol Maybe I was clairvoyant in my youth!

1 minute ago, Flatie46 said:

Cool I've got a new title, " collector "  . But I'm aspiring to be an eccentric.  I always wondered if I was going to be that  A-hole old man that had some really cool stuff, that he wouldn't part with. Lived way back in the hills, you might get shot nosing around his place. Had the mean dogs that would chew on the fence as you walked by. Kinda looking that way. lol Maybe I was clairvoyant in my youth!

hmmm...did not know that was you walking by my place.....