Steering wheel wish to identify

I purchased a new looking steering wheel at a swap meet and three years later when I tried to install it, the hole was too small, 3/4 inch at the top. My deteriorated 1948 Power wagon steering wheel has a 13/16 hole. The diameter is 15 inches and both steering wheels look identical. The power wagon website folks have suggested it is for a 2 wheel drive truck. no parts number on it. Repro?  Thanks  IMG_0827.JPG

No splines, just tapered hole with keyways. Not ready to part with it yet until i find a replacement. Went to a steering shop that i know has rebuilt the steering box for a power wagon but they did not have the tapered reamer to enlarge the hole.

IMG_0828.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I sent this steering wheel to vintage power wagons and they decided that it was too nice and was afraid their fixture would mar it. They seemed to think it had been professionally restored. and was for a 1'2 ton civilian. The original Part number was covered during the restoration.  I remeasured the hole and the bottom is 3/4 and the top is 11/16. I used telescoping gauges since my calipers don't have long enough arms to reach into the bore. I added a couple more pictures which can be seen at http://imageevent.com/havefundone.jsp;jsessionid=8oc8yr4ne1.cow_s?url=steeringandsuspension&f=&num=2&tr=2&us=scott56

Vintage Power Wagon catalog page shows varios sterring wheels   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxzO_Oy1EMLIMmYzOF9yVTd3TUk/view

I would like someone who needs it to end up with it as i need to buy the correct one for my truck and VPW is out of stock IMG_0916.JPG

This is the post from a power wagon owner from the Power Wagon Forum.

Hello Scott,
My steering wheel measures 11/16" Diam. at the top and 3/4" Diam. at the bottom. Part number on the wheel is CC#573954. My parts book lists it for use in the VC military trucks and the WC military contract 4x2 trucks. I'm sure it was also used in all 39-47 civilian WC 1-2 and 3/4 ton trucks.  Mine measures the same.  A guy came over my house today who has a 54 dodge truck and he had photos of 3 different steering wheels and one of them was identical to the one i have. He was not 100% certain it would fit his 54 but interesting he has a photo in his phone of one like mine.