New carburetor for 1949 dodge b1d flathead 6

So, my carburetor just exploded and I am just looking to buy a new one or remanufactured one. Does anyone know where I could buy one or maybe a rebuild kid or remanufactured one. If I can't Id like to put a converter plate on it and make it into a double barrel. Any help or advice would be appreciated! thanks. PS. the carburetor markings are Mfd. by carter carburetor corp. Ball and ball carburetor mfd. for  chrysler corp

Langdons Stovebolt can get you an Empi 32/36 two barrel carb and adapter to fit the stock intake, and one I think that will work with the stock linkage parts.  I'm heading in the two barrel direction myself, but not till late this summer/fall once I have a place to build an intake 

What exploded on the carb? Sounds kinda scary....your'e lucky a big fire didn't happen!

Would I have to build a new intake if I was to put a 2 barrel carb on that hooked up to the stock linkage? I had just cleaned it with  carb cleaner and was very careful not to disturb any of the parts, because this is the first carb I have dealt with. When I put the carb back on and started the truck it popped really loud and started dumping fuel out of the carb. The truck eventually died and now I'm stuck trying to figure out what to do next. To be honest this is my first rebuild and my mechanic skills are mediocre at best. I really want to do this truck justice by doing it right, but I just don't know where to go from here. 

No intake change to go to the two barrel that Langdon sells, just a bolt on adapter.

the carb you have is a fairly simple rebuild, and parts are available.  You will just need the brand and numbers off it for a correct kit.  Sounds like your float is stuck and keeping the needle open, or the seat is toast.