If you could have one more........

scotty t

2 hours ago, Robert Horne said:

I have been in the search for one of these, FC Jeep.       

FC Jeep.jpg

Good luck finding one. I knew  ONE family that owned one when they were new. They were rare then,and worked so hard they were beaten to death and had mostly disappeared in just a few years. I bet I haven't seen one in 30+ years.

On 6/16/2017 at 0:59 PM, Hubler13f said:

I grew up in and live near Philipsburg, PA. A guy named Jim Verost has probably 50 of these thing in every configuration sitting in a lot. It used to be a Junk yard but he scrapped everything except these.

Do you mean Philipsburg, NJ and was this junkyard on a hill near the fairgrounds outside of town off Route 57?  If so, I was there in the late 1980's and it was probably the best old car yard I've ever seen.  They had a whole section for 1951-52 Plymouths (my favorites).  There must have been 50 of them parked in rows.  Amazing!

33 minutes ago, JerseyHarold said:

Do you mean Philipsburg, NJ and was this junkyard on a hill near the fairgrounds outside of town off Route 57?  If so, I was there in the late 1980's and it was probably the best old car yard I've ever seen.  They had a whole section for 1951-52 Plymouths (my favorites).  There must have been 50 of them parked in rows.  Amazing!

Nope different Philipsburg, this one sits on the Clearfield county and Center county lines in central PA 30 minutes west of State College, PA

I'm only about 6 weeks into my first vintage car. A '53 Chrysler. 'My aleady up to my neck in a considerable home job. New valves and hand cutting seats. I find myself already scouting the net for a 40's 2 door coupe. Not to replace my '53 but supplement it. 

The lines of the Dodge/Plymouth of the era are spectacular. I could see this being a passion for a very long time. Too bad I had to wait so long to discover them. 

So if I could have one more today? A 40's coupe. I don't know enough yet to pick a model. As the years pass and I continue to be engrossed in the cars, I'm sure to find exactly what my next model will be. 

Edited by keithb7

2 hours ago, keithb7 said:

I'm only about 6 weeks into my first vintage car. A '53 Chrysler. 'My lready up to my neck in a considerable home job. New valves and hand cutting seats. I find myself already scouting the net for a 40's 2 door coupe. Not to replace my '53 but supplement it. 

The lines of the Dodge/Plymouth of the era are spectacular. I could see this being a passion for a very long time. Too bad I had to wait so long to discover them. 

So if I could have one more today? A 40's coupe. I don't know enough yet to pick a model. As the years pass and I continue to be engrossed in the cars, I'm sure to find exactly what my next model will be. 

Try to avoid falling in love with a 1942 anyting unless it is one already restored. Finding missing body parts can be a real bitch.

Edited by knuckleharley
  • Like 2

On 6/25/2017 at 7:16 AM, Robert Horne said:

I have been in the search for one of these, FC Jeep.       

FC Jeep.jpg

Love the FC's! Saw one at the auto fair in April, guy was asking 30grand for it. It was worth less than half that. JP magazine has had some good features on them over the last year or so. Had an immaculate FC 170 ( I think, it was the 3/4 ton model) with a late model diesel swap on big tires. 

The military had a 4Dr version that was really cool. I've seen them for sale but your best hope would be to get one from the dry southwest. Like most old jeeps they love to rust. You do know JEEP stands for Just Empty Every Pocket? Ask me how I know? Lol

2 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

wow..you bought a new Plymouth in 1937 and held on to it all those years...and let it go?

Sometimes I fell old enough and dumb enough to have done that. But it was a one owner ( a former Packard dealership service truck)  when I found it . I as the second owner.

9 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

don't ever recall having seen truck with the tire size stenciled on the side....even military just had the tire pressure on each fender lip...GVW was all I recall from my earlier years

The truck and the contents of the dealership had been moved from Indiana to a defunct country club property in northern KY when I bought it. I thought the stencil may have been an Indiana state requirement or maybe something from the war years. I should have bought the parts inventory as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:55 PM, jhm1mc13 said:

This will be my first purchase when I win the lottery.

how is this lottery thing played and how do I win?

got my eyes set on a little grocery getter myself...... :D

595fa53d13eb5_b4ya(2)(1280x960).jpg.e8858483c524b97b1e1347792831a4fb.jpg