If you could have one more........

scotty t

I'd have to go with an early 40's truck.  Don't need another car in my stable.

One more? I'm still working on my first, but I'm angling for a Desoto Suburban... either early, mid or late. Beyond that, I really like the grills on 41 Plymouths and have had a long time thought for a convertible, but the entry fee can be high. :D

I need something the family can enjoy, everything I have is for 2, we have three young kids and I would like them to gain an interest in these machines but its hard when we cant enjoy them as a family. I need a Big Green Ugly Dependable Sedan that I don't have to have a chase car behind me everywhere I go. Something the kids can lose their ice cream in without me blowing a gasket.

An early '42 Desoto! Love the hidden headlights and grill. Coupe, sedan, 4Dr wouldn't matter. Or most years imperial's. Or a 57 Or 58 Plymouth fury 2dr ( you know the one!) there are more I could name but for the sake of band width I'll stop.

• Like 3

My top 5 in date order...
Apologies, I can't seem to get the photos to load in order.

1939 Dodge Convertible with body by Graber of Switzerland. (picture 2)
This actual car was for sale in The Netherlands some time ago.

1941 Chrysler Thunderbolt. (picture 4)
Only five were built, each in a different color. The green one came up for sale a few years ago!

1942 DeSoto convertible. (picture 5)
I really like the hideaway headlights. A Thunderbolt feature that made it to production.

1946-1948 Dodge D24 Business Coupe. (picture 1)
I love the proportions of this car.

1955 DeSoto hardtop coupe. (picture 3)
A hemi-powered beauty.

1946-1948 Dodge.jpg

1939 Dodge.jpg

1955 DeSoto.jpg

1941 Chrysler Thunderbolt.jpg

1942 DeSoto.jpg

Edited by Robin (UK)
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Flatie46 said:

An early '42 Desoto! Love the hidden headlights and grill. Coupe, sedan, 4Dr wouldn't matter. Or most years imperial's. Or a 57 Or 58 Plymouth fury 2dr ( you know the one!) there are more I could name but for the sake of band width I'll stop.

That's another one I didn't think of. I kind of chalked them up in the same category as a 41 Plymouth convertible.

1 minute ago, Don Coatney said:

I hate to bust the bubble but my wife wants me to get a convertible next so I would get a 1948 Roadmaster.

If we're going GM I would have to say that I saw a stunning 49 Caddy convertible at a show in the UK.
Black paintwork, black top, deep red leather interior and not overly laden with chrome.
Truly understated class. It was a real stand out car.

• Like 1

Oh come on, you mean I can't have a Duesenberg? That's it, I'm not playing anymore!

I would like a 1937 Chrysler Airflow. They were supposed to be the car of the future so that get me into the 40's maybe.chrysler-airflow-1937-1.jpg

• Like 1

55-58 DeSoto 2dr ht or convertible

56 Plymouth Fury 2dr ht or convertible

55-56 Chrysler 2dr ht or convertible,not the top model.

And if I can stretch it that far,a 58-59 Fury Golden Commando 2dr ht or convertible

Edited by knuckleharley

I've got a friend that has a few 57 Desoto's and a 56 Desoto Convertable. He has several other mopar models in and around those those years. Love the styling of that era mopar.

10 minutes ago, Flatie46 said:

I've got a friend that has a few 57 Desoto's and a 56 Desoto Convertable. He has several other mopar models in and around those those years. Love the styling of that era mopar.

Me,too.

4 hours ago, Hubler13f said:

I need something the family can enjoy, everything I have is for 2, we have three young kids and I would like them to gain an interest in these machines but its hard when we cant enjoy them as a family. I need a Big Green Ugly Dependable Sedan that I don't have to have a chase car behind me everywhere I go. Something the kids can lose their ice cream in without me blowing a gasket.

EXACTLY! I'm currently planning to sell my truck project when its done and get something bigger. 

Back in 1968, I had a nice 57 Belvedere  two door hardtop .  All white, tinted glass, blue interior V 8 Torqueflite. Wish I had kept it . It will be hard to find another at a reasonable price.

• Like 1