Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

DLK

I have never been to the Chrysler Nationals which will be coming up in July (or any other Carlisle or Hershey event).  I have a friend in Philadelphia who would like to meet me there. I am sure some of you have been there and can answer a simple question.  I get the feeling that the event is probably 90%+ resto-mods and muscle cars.  Am I correct in that assumption?  I have nothing against them but I can see enough of them at events here without driving 1000 miles.  If I want to see older MOPAR stock cars like P-15's or like my Dodge with a flathead and slush-o-matic ts that the wrong event? :)

Excellent question. The two of us can't be the only ones wondering about this.

1 hour ago, Jim Yergin said:

My past experience at Chrysler at Carlisle is that 90% of it is devoted to the muscle car era with just a smattering of older stuff.

Jim Yergin

I am sorry but not surprised. I guess if I want older stock stuff I should go to the AACA events.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Yergin said:

My past experience at Chrysler at Carlisle is that 90% of it is devoted to the muscle car era with just a smattering of older stuff.

Jim Yergin

Thanks,Jim. I guess there is no reason for me to every go in that case. I have nothing against muscle cars,but if I had that kind of money to spend and was going to spend it,it would be on a original muscle car. Something like a Auburn or a Duesenberg.

• Like 2

I went to last year Chryslers at Carlise and  as everyone else is stating this is more for the muscle cars. It has changed over the years and there are less and less of the older car venders coming to this event and swap meet.  I did find some 39 Desoto and Dodge parts but not much after being there for two days.

even Hershey is getting harder to find the older vintage items. You have to remember that only so many cars were made and not we are talking about parts that were manufactured from the mid 1930's and espescially for our MoPars which are not the favorite's for most of the vendors, these parts are getting much harder to find and they are not on the vendor tables if you are looking for NOS.  Yes there are still so NOS parts out there but you have to search for them, They are not like the Chevy and Ford parts that have been reproduced and almost every other vendor has some of those parts.

Hershey in the fall or maybe a local AACA show with a flea market might be your best opportunity.  I have been going to Hershey for over 30 years and I am finding that the parts for my 39 are very hard to find.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Yes.......I went to Hershey for the first (and so far only)  time two years ago.  I did find a few things for my P15, but 

with the exception of a couple old MoPar vendors, the parts were among assorted items offered

by vendors of non MoPar specific parts.  Actually, the prices for some of the odds and ends I found seemed

reasonable.   I have also been to the Fall Carlisle swap once, and aside from buying some tires there, I found

only one vendor with any parts for an old Chrysler product.  One fellow who does usually attend Hershey is

the man who makes reproduction rubber door sill mats for P15s..  I will try to find the business card of two guys

who deal in old MoPar specific things........general parts, and the sill mats.......and post them on the referral

page.  Otherwise, you still find quite a bit of "stuff" on eBay.......just have to keep looking to find a price  you

like and an item that is of the quality you want.  Many prices are quite a bit more than several years ago....so

you just have to  "grin and bear it" as they say......if you can't find the item anyplace else.  My two cents worth.