I know what this is.....

ptwothree

I just don't know how it plumbs into the brake system.  Where does the 1/2"-20 go to.  This has been buggin me for days. I'd like to use it to move the brake light switch to the front of the car and replace the 'T' that hooks up the master to the front brakes.  Can anyone help?

WIN_20170601_10_02_01_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170601_10_00_55_Pro.jpg

Bobs right...........that 1/2 "bolt" is the rear axle vent that holds the junction block onto the axle, two of those holes are for the brake lines and one for the brake hose from the chassis as Bobs pic shows........andyd 

5 hours ago, Andydodge said:

Bobs right...........that 1/2 "bolt" is the rear axle vent that holds the junction block onto the axle, two of those holes are for the brake lines and one for the brake hose from the chassis as Bobs pic shows........andyd 

Except the block I posted is threaded for 3/8"-24 including where the pressure switch is located.  The three line holes are for inverted flare fittings.  The rear brake hose is 7/16-20 and would not fit this set up. 

3 hours ago, JerseyHarold said:

FWIW, the original location for the stoplight switch is in the brake line going to the rear of the car, near the left rear door.  That's where it is on my '52 Cambridge.

I got that....My '52 has that switch and block at the left rear wheel as well.  Also has the block/vent assembly on the rear axle.

I'd like to use the posted block and switch at the front where the left and right lines connect.  I'm rewiring so this would not only simplify that but make it easier to r&r the switch when it goes bad.

If that block where you have the switch shoved through does not access those threaded ports, you can't use the switch in that location.  You can get an adapter that will allow you to thread that switch into one of the ports and use the center hole as a fastening hole if needed, or not, and plumb it into any brake line you want.,

23 hours ago, Dave72dt said:

If that block where you have the switch shoved through does not access those threaded ports, you can't use the switch in that location.  You can get an adapter that will allow you to thread that switch into one of the ports and use the center hole as a fastening hole if needed, or not, and plumb it into any brake line you want.,

Actually, the switch is not "shoved" it threads quite nicely into the port as shown and that port is drilled all the way through and intersects with the three 3/8-24 ports.

I'm thinking I might weld up the hole where the 1/2-20 end is and bolt it to the frame a few inches from where the stock 'T' for the front brake line exist.

WIN_20170603_19_05_51_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170603_18_58_19_Pro.jpg