1950 Panel Van

I just saved this but don't know the year. I posted it FS in the classifieds with more picss. Thanks for your help. I just got the title and its a 1950 year model.

001.JPG

003.JPG

Edited by 48oldwood
listing error

Whatever year is is,the one thing you can be sure of is that it is rare,and well worth saving. I was old enough to interested in cars in 1955,and could identify makes and models from the 1930's to the new 1955's I had just gone to the showroom to look over,and I have never actually seen one of those trucks "in the steel". Only seen photos. They were work trucks mostly used by plumbers and electricians,and by the time they were 10 years old they were beat to death and replaced with new ones. Most were too beat to death for anyone needing a panel truck to be interested in buying them,so most went straight from the original owners to the junk yards.

43 minutes ago, Reg Evans said:

Looks like either a 49 or 50 1/2 ton panel.  In 48 I believe the grill pieces were stainless.

http://carro.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-810443585-1942-dodge-coupe-tags-chrysler-chevrolet-ford-_JM

2 minutes ago, 48oldwood said:

Moderators if I have broken the rules in this post please delete. I've never looked at the truck section. Thanks

Not a very big infraction. :)

I'll move this thread to the truck side where it may have more viewers.

Thanks for your help. I can't save all that I find but this one needed a savior. The older gentleman just piled cars and trucks behind his house and let them rot. This one needs a new owner as I have way too many on my plate. lol

Thanks for your help. I can't save all that I find but this one needed a savior. The older gentleman just piled cars and trucks behind his house and let them rot. This one needs a new owner as I have way too many on my plate. lol

001.JPG

015.JPG

I'll add this here for posterity, but I believe this is a Reynolds Radio Service truck. They are still in business in Arkansas. The truck is/was blue and white which is still their colors. They started their business in 54, but close enough I could have seen them buying this as old inventory. Anyhow, just thought I'd mention it.

I wonder if they have pictures of the truck in its prime.

Edited by rcb

• 5 months later...

Nice Truck!!! The toughest parts to find are on it....THE REAR FENDERS!!!

See that Davin??? And I had to get mine from you in Oz.......lol.

Hope it finds a great home.

48D 

• Like 1