Source for correct c-series front shackles & bushings?

Howdy!

I did my rear suspension with the cheap  jeep shackles but the front needs to be the taller stock length silent sideways Us. 

If memory serves the bottom driver's side bushing is a lefty? Whatever it needs to be they seem to be expensive so I only want to buy them once!

Where is a reputable place that stocks the correct items?

Also, any tips on removal/installation? They look pretty tucked in under there, not accessable like the rears. I have an air impact and a breaker bar with a pipe on it but only jackstands no lift. 

Anybody that has pics with the cab removed or anything would be a big help too!

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Radarsonwheels said:

Howdy!

I did my rear suspension with the cheap  jeep shackles but the front needs to be the taller stock length silent sideways Us. 

If memory serves the bottom driver's side bushing is a lefty? Whatever it needs to be they seem to be expensive so I only want to buy them once!

Where is a reputable place that stocks the correct items?

Also, any tips on removal/installation? They look pretty tucked in under there, not accessable like the rears. I have an air impact and a breaker bar with a pipe on it but only jackstands no lift. 

Anybody that has pics with the cab removed or anything would be a big help too!

Thanks!

Check Roberts. Not sure if they changed over the years but the Jeep ones and my stock fronts were only about 1/4" different. It was the rears that were a lot taller. 

I got mine from Roberts also. What really helped was to pull the tranny crossmember. The shackles for the standard 3 speed are right above it and much tougher to get out with it in place. I just put a jack stand under the tranny to hold it up while I was replacing the shackles.

I dont remember if you have the fluid drive or not, that crossmember was back a few inches, so it might not be in the way if you have that setup.

Edited by 59bisquik

I have a beefy stick of aluminum holding up a t-5 trans. I don't remember what if anything is left of the stock crossmember- it could be trimmed or removed.  I suspect I might be in the clear, but I very much appreciate the tip and I'll see what's under there better soon!

There is sometimes a banging noise when turning because the shackle is comically deteriorated and can now apparently bottom out... it should be much better after the new shackles go in, and I have 4 new shocks to slap on too.