Me and the Meadowbrook

Worden18

Aug 6:

I said to the fam, “who wants to go for a ride?” and all their heads popped up and they smiled (including the dogs), so we took off on the Meadowbrook for about a 35 mile round trip.  40mph felt good.  The cowl vent was open, the cool breeze was coming in, the car ran great, and it lulled everyone nearly to sleep.  Life is good. ?

A11EA773-8D42-4348-BF52-CFDED7A177CB.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Aug.22

He is as enthuised about driving as I was at his age, and still am for that matter.  He wanted to drive, so I pulled off onto a safe area and I let him take off the ebrake, push in the clutch, put the trans in gear...and then off we went!  I sat in the middle next to him and operated the brakes.  What better car to learn the clutch than one with Fluid Drive?  He did really well.  Made his day for sure!

B73AC3FF-C8D8-4971-9E36-65A3549441FD.jpeg

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Young Ed said:

how is that paint coating holding up? have you reapplied it?

I have not reapplied it.  Its not as shiny as it was, but overall it has held up well, all for about $8.

penetrol is the product.  ?

Edited by Worden18

• 2 weeks later...

Sept. 6:

I was gonna head into town for a test drive and some gas.  I ran out of fuel while idling in the driveway. It was a good thing.  I tackled that leaky fuel line without having to drain anything from the tank.  I’ll put on a new piece of line tomorrow (coming out of the tank) and be ready for Mississippi Mayhem this Saturday.  

Edited by Worden18

Sept. 7:

Well I spent a couple of hours messing around with the fuel line.  I had to take the threaded flange off the old line and put it on the new.  Easier said than done, but I got it.  After making some Frankenstein bends, I got the line situated okay.  Just hope nobody looks under my car and asks me what the hell THAT is!  LOL

Put some gas in the tank from a couple of cans...about 2+ gallons I estimated.  The tank was completely empty.  Then my son and I drove into town and I filled her up with premium.  12.7 gallons is what I ended up with.  So I'm thinking the tank is 15 gal, not 18 like I thought it was.  Anyway, no leaks, car ran good, heater works good.  

Mississippi Mayhem, here we come!  Happy to have the car going again.  Can't wait to drive it tomorrow.  Hope to take a lot of pics for you guys and fill you in on the action.  Stay tuned....

http://www.mississippimayhem.com/

Sept. 8:

This was just a sample of the vintage trailers people towed in and used to camp over the weekend.  Must’ve been at least 30 parked.  Also, figured you guys would like the vintage motorized bike.  They had races for those.  Plus a lot of people had the little Honda 50cc bikes they cruised the grounds on. 

3C86FEAC-2D46-40DB-9875-44B34F30950F.jpeg

39EF133E-14DE-45E2-8A23-4660B9825BF1.jpeg

Sept. 8:

The woman next to me had a 55 Ford Parklane 2 door wagon her and hubby put together.  She was around 70 years old and said they’ve been hot-rodding for 50 years.  She did the car’s interior and painted the frame too!

B69E17B6-876F-4EF9-81CC-3F177FB542DE.jpeg

Sept. 8:

I told my wife she wouldn’t see another Meadowbrook.  I was right, but later on this guy pulled in with a 51 Coronet with the Gyromatic tranny.  He only lives 30 minutes from me, and invited me to his semi-weekly gatherings (for old cars).  He had just got that 51 running and welded in some floorboards.  The plugs looked like they had been in there for 50 years!  Yet that old flathead ran.

1C17AC63-0A99-4E26-8C42-7EB864C84C19.jpeg

Edited by Worden18

Monday Sept. 10:

Drove the Meadowbrook to work this morning in the foggy blackness.  Had the heater on low the whole way.  Stopped at the market on the way home for some groceries.  Feels good to be behind the wheel again.

1E454F6C-897C-4BD2-B401-838833EA14D5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Sept. 21:

The weather has finally cooled off here. It will be in the forties tonight. We took the Meadowbrook into town to gas up and then took a cruise out in the country.  I opened the valve for the heater about halfway but didn't need the fan at all.  Car ran great and it was a fun cruise!

IMG_20180921_180045124.jpg

Most of the stock Mopar heaters of the 50's must have been made for Alaska winters, will slow cook you on low after warming up for a bit in most climates!

DJ

• Like 1

Sept. 26:

Drove the Meadowbrook to work this morning. It was a chilly 45 degrees. The heater worked great!  I didn't even need the fan to stay warm. What a beautiful fall day!  A guy approached me when I was on lunch getting some food at a gas station and asked me about the car. He said his dad just bought a 1940 Dodge with suicide doors for $6,000.

IMG_20180926_141405643_HDR~3.jpg

Sept. 30:

Drove the Meadowbrook into town with the kids to pick up a few things at the market.  My daughter took these photos.  I averaged about 40 mph because of all the deer.  Heater...on!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

October 10:

Drove into town for some dinner and to grab a few things at the market.  Weather turned windy and cold.  The heater did not fail us.  Don't the other cars just look silly in the background?  

IMG_20181010_175857639~2.jpg