Me and the Meadowbrook

Worden18

Been having problems loading pics, so here’s one that finally loaded.  Friend of a friend 64 Plymouth.  How much HP Hemi engine is under the hood?  Slant 6...love it!

81A999E8-612E-4621-BBA9-9E9149C4BF20.jpeg

July 29:

Local car show today for Hoedown Days.  Had a lot of fun talking to folks, and there was a really good turnout.  Meadowbrook got a lot of attention.  

FFDB694D-7490-4BF8-B665-02AE1FBBF68D.jpeg

Home at last.  I was feeling a little down because the weekend is over, but it was great that I finally got the Meadowbrook back on the road.  Maybe I will drive it to work in the morning. 

7CF4EA21-0D44-49A0-A109-146A3120C189.jpeg

Edited by Worden18

July 30:

Drove the Meadowbrook to work this morning. It was super foggy and chilly too, in the 50s, so I actually had the heater on!  

After work I stopped by the grocery store and a guy inquired about my car, so I gave him the whole story.  We got to talking a little more and turns out he’s a Navy Veteran like myself.  We talked for about 20 minutes and exchanged numbers.  Funny the people I meet because of the Meadowbrook!

July 30: 

Drove into town to the trail head with the wife to take the dog for a walk. Our other dog wasn’t feeling well, so we left her home.  Got a thumbs up from a guy that passed me on the way home.  Filled her up with gas and now I’m ready for work tomorrow.

05E33ABB-AFD1-4079-83FF-2E73EDE4F6BD.jpeg

July 31:

Out for a cruise this evening.  Stopped at Kwik Trip to wash off the bugs from the windshield, and to get a snack.  Car ran really good.  It had all four of us lulled. ?

87511E5C-82FF-4155-B065-5C8FFE33FF74.jpeg

BC9EEEC0-43ED-4163-9458-3FB0649D0361.jpeg

Aug. 2:

Drove the Meadowbrook into work again today.  I like driving it in the dark!  The car ran exceptionally well considering the carb could use some work.  On my way home I stopped at the market for some groceries.  Passed two tractors on the highway....the only things my car has enough power to pass!  Gonna go out and clean my garage now.  There’s still tools all over the place from my brakes extravaganza.  

7388BFF3-DB4C-49D5-9FD5-6E6ED39384D1.jpeg

Aug. 2:

Took the fam (and dogs) out for an evening cruise.  The weather was perfect (upper 60s) and the meadowbrook ran great.  We stopped in a neighboring town for gas and snacks.  On the way back we met a group of cyclists on the highway.  They gave us the thumbs up and waved. 

D8FAB875-57CD-425A-8FDF-3112D537178A.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ranger said:

Glad the dog is feeling better and able to go cruising again.

She had thrown up some blood, and we were pretty scared.  But the vet said it was likely an aspirin (given to her for arthritis) lodged in her stomach and caused the bleed.  We should have been grinding them up.  So no aspirin at all now, and she’s been pretty chipper; even running around outside, which she normally doesn’t do much of because she’s getting pretty old.  

August 5:

Just a quick drive into town today for some mini pizzas and breadsticks. My son rode along.  I was a true Sunday driver with my 45mph speed limit.  

I was feeling kinda restless today, and driving the Meadowbrook put me at ease.  

CF377E11-C5A8-4DB3-9C60-EE25365E3D4D.jpeg

3 hours ago, 51_Meadowbrook said:

I noticed that your antenna is on the drivers side. Mine is on the passenger side. Is one the US version and the other the Canadian version?

FC41EC5D-8290-4C8B-81F2-BDC11E19275F.jpeg

Hmm...good question.  Let’s see what some of the guys think.  

Monday August 6:

4am; warming up for the drive to work.  Love driving it to and from work.  Makes it a little more pleasant to get up at 3am LOL 

DE345675-DA2B-43C7-B5EC-FBDC17D82C31.jpeg