Me and the Meadowbrook

Worden18

07963B65-2953-4B24-8B47-C900CC3E4E64.jpeg

May 12 cont:

Wipers on the whole way home.  Heater, too.  Napkins on the dash to catch the water leaking through the windshield.  Passed 69,000 miles on the odometer, and also the 10,000 mile mark since I bought the car in March of '16.  And hey, guys, I tried holding the pedal to the floor while starting it when we left Subway...it worked!  It only cranked over 3 times and then started.  Otherwise its been 10-15 cranks, sometimes more.

Edited by Worden18

183C8B8E-18EE-4664-8162-20313BAEBEB3.jpeg

May 12 cont:

A wet wheel in the garage.  I love those dog dish hubcaps and the pinstriping on the rim.  I wonder if the pinstripes are factory?  If so, how did they do it?

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 1

Mother’s Day:

Local church hosted an awesome spaghetti dinner. Wifey and I were the first ones in. I’m parked next to one of the oldest homes in town.

758C5082-466F-47A5-9559-24D581DBE9D7.jpeg

• Like 1

Mother’s Day cont:

Wifey and I took the dogs for a walk on the Houston trail.  Logged in about 3 miles.  Had to park on the highway because the trail head goes past a farmer’s field.

D85FD588-D4A1-42B4-AB08-C795511EB79A.jpeg

• Like 1

E36E186C-F24B-4B09-B8EB-65F9D151E809.jpeg

May 15:  Certainly not one of my better pictures, but today I replaced the battery cables and starter to relay cable with the big #0s.  Man what a difference in how the car cranks over.  About 50% faster, no kidding.  I cleaned up all the connections as well.  Can't believe I waited this long to get that done, but at least I got them changed out.

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 4

E809CAD4-91BE-429B-9AEA-7BA1C49EEF53.jpeg

May 15:  Kids and I went out for a cruise at dusk.  We stopped in town for a snack (needed our sugar fix I guess LOL).  

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 1

596ED4BB-2419-4E8E-B9AD-8DFC69ED60AD.jpeg

May 15:  Right before we left town to head home.  About a mile from our house I had to slam on the brakes to avoid a group of 4 deer that decided they would wait until I drove by to cross the road.  I was impressed how quickly I stopped.  Didn't lock 'em up, but stopped quick.  I was only going about 40mph, so that helped.  I'll be driving it to work in the morning; 4AM.  Looking forward to it.;)

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 1

Nice. A good upgrade. No red for positive to the block? Someone in future at some point will get it wrong and not understand why. Lol. 

I have two black cables as well by the way. Lol. 

24 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

Nice. A good upgrade. No red for positive to the block? Someone in future at some point will get it wrong and not understand why. Lol. 

I have two black cables as well by the way. Lol. 

I figure I’ll be the only one who touches the car before it becomes a lawn ornament LOL 

• Sad 1

May 16:

Drove the Meadowbrook into work again this morning.  The sun was coming up at 4:30am, I had the heater on, and I was the only car on the road for most of my 35 miles.  The pic is from right before I left work at 9:45am.

2A1D820D-A024-4BD3-8B80-D9250C2BB903.jpeg

The boss drove his ‘69 Nova to work.  It was originally a California car, 307 with a three on the tree, vinyl top and bench seats with cream colored paint.   Now it’s a 575 hp 454 five speed with matte black paint,  bucket seats and Brembo brakes. He had someone build it for him. 

6A1456F2-0E57-474F-A468-E55D2354F552.jpeg

May 16:

Took a 30 mile cruise this evening after yard work.  Filled up in a neighboring town; averaged just over 16mpg this past tank.  Final pic is just before I checked the master cylinder fluid level.  Driving it to work again tomorrow!

2E812E53-6412-4D89-B9FE-345D841B01C1.jpeg

• Like 2

May 17:

Drove into town for my son’s spring concert at the school.  After that to Kwik Trip for a snack and then an evening cruise.  It was a great night, 70s, no clouds, no bugs, no wind.  I could’ve kept driving all night.  Guess I’ll have to drive it to work again tomorrow morning!

518F2F12-7FA7-45CC-9032-3D9EDFCAA41E.jpeg

• Like 1

just skimmed the pages, I'll go back and take it all in later, but great stuff. I'm picking up a '53 Meadowbrook today from a friend. A non car guy friend who's had it a couple of years. Car came from Oregon originally. Should be fun to get back on the road again. Its been sitting a long time. All OG paint etc. I'll start a thread on it soon. Mine's also a moordoor. Love the Boxer pics, we have one too. Great dogs. 

3 hours ago, LanceJames said:

just skimmed the pages, I'll go back and take it all in later, but great stuff. I'm picking up a '53 Meadowbrook today from a friend. A non car guy friend who's had it a couple of years. Car came from Oregon originally. Should be fun to get back on the road again. Its been sitting a long time. All OG paint etc. I'll start a thread on it soon. Mine's also a moordoor. Love the Boxer pics, we have one too. Great dogs. 

Sounds good.  Post up pics, tell us your story, etc.  That's what people want to see/read.   :)

May 21: 

Drove the Meadowbrook to work this morning not only because my newer cars aren’t reliable, but also because its more fun.  Rained all the way home.  Had a sock on the dash to catch the water leaking through. ? Will seal up the windshield soon.

Stopped at the market for a few groceries. 

9BB55E8C-2570-4972-9313-397808FC078F.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

5-30-18:

Well, I was attempting to get the car ready for Mopars in the Park in Farmington, MN this weekend but ran into a snag.  I think my master cylinder took a sh*t.  After bleeding my brakes again I took it out for a cruise and had a little bit of brakes on my way out, then on my way back the pedal went all the way to the floor and wouldn't pump up at all.  Good thing my e-brake works good, but it was still scary.  Master cyl is full of fluid, no leaks underneath.  I believe its been on the fritz for a while.  I should've changed it when I had the engine and tranny out last year; it would've been a lot easier.  I've never changed out a master cyl that's under the floor boards before, and well, it ain't gonna happen before we go to Mopars in the Park.  Sometimes I wish some of you guys were closer, I would at least ask for some help.  I have a feeling its going to be a terrible bugger to swap in the new one.  Kinda pissed right now.  ?