Me and the Meadowbrook

Worden18

Jan. 9, 2018

First ride of the year!  The dogs and I couldn't resist as the roads were pretty clear and we've been blessed with a 43F afternoon.  It had been -10F at night with highs in the single digits, so this has been nice. Not much for sand and salt on the road either.  I hooked up the battery and it took maybe 8 or 10 cranks and it started up.  Drove to Spring Grove and back; roughly a 35 mile round trip. Man, it was a great drive!

image.jpg

Jan. 9

This creamery was built in 1903.  It was recently fixed up inside and out, and there's a certain time during the summer that they open it to the public.  I'd like to check it out this year. :)

image.jpg

• Like 2

Worden, have you seen the post toady re "stock or custom mopar" by caspar?............reminded me of your thread....lol.........andyd 

11 hours ago, Andydodge said:

Worden, have you seen the post toady re "stock or custom mopar" by caspar?............reminded me of your thread....lol.........andyd 

I have not; gonna check it out though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Jan 20, 2018:

The Meadowbrook's grandson showed up and requested to share a space with his elder....

Yes, I'm posting this here because it now shares a space with the Meadowbrook.  Any adventures we have with it will not be posted here.  And don't worry fellas, the '51 will not be sold or tucked away forever.  We plan   on surpassing last year's mileage tally of 6,200+ once spring weather rolls around again, which could be in 6 weeks, or it could be 3+ months.  We'll just be mixing in the Challenger once in a while, too. :D

This is my first ever new car purchase.  Wife was totally onboard; God bless her.  Her first car was a Nova, and since then she's always wanted a canary yellow "muscle car" Nova '68-'72 vintage.  Now, when I take her picture next to this beast, the caption below will read:

"WHAT NOVA?"  

Challenger TA (2).JPG

Challenger TA (3).JPG

Challenger TA (1).JPG

Challenger TA (4).JPG

Challenger TA (5).JPG

Challenger TA (6).JPG

• Like 1

Show Off............lol..............have you got the tape measure out yet?..............lol......................nice mopar ........andyd

• Like 1

These old Dodge's have fantastic heaters and I find i get most of my fun long trips in during the winter providing the roads are dry (which in OK they usually are).  Way more fun than driving in the summer heat no matter how much wind you have blowing around.  The Meadowbrook stays mostly parked in the garage late July thru the middle of Sept.  Keep your adventures coming!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

February 8th, 2018:

The roads were about 95% clear today so I decided to take the Meadowbrook out.  I drove into town and filled up with gas...took almost 10 gallons for only 77 miles previously driven in the past 2 months.  Evaporation of the fuel no doubt!  I didn't think it would be that bad, but its okay I guess.  Then I picked up my daughter from school.  She was really happy and surprised to see the car.  I noticed that the Fluid Drive was good in the snow (the roads in town are very icy and snowy) as the owner's manual claimed it would be.  Of course I didn't gun it, either, but I've driven enough rear wheel drive cars in the past to know that every single one of them would've spun the tires upon take-off on the snowy roads near the school.  The Meadowbrook just took off smoothly with no spin at all.  My daughter and I then drove to the car wash and sprayed it down to get the previous road salt/sand off of it.  I was surprised how well the Penetrol finish held up to the pressure wash.  It really repelled the water and beaded up instantly.  Heater worked great in this cold weather.  I was sad to put it away again, but happy that I got to sneak it out in the middle of winter!

Feb. 8th 2018 (2).JPG

Feb. 8th 2018 (1).JPG

Feb. 8th 2018 (5).JPG

Feb. 8th 2018 (4).JPG

Feb. 8th 2018 (3).JPG

• Like 3

Jealous. It s nice to see Brookie out in the winter. Road are a mess here and likely will be for a while yet.  Plenty of wet rotting snow and wet roads in the day. Then freezes at night. About 14 F here tonight. On a positive note I ordered a new set of Corker Classic W/W Radials for my Windsor. Anxious to see them on my car! Come on spring.

• Like 1

Glad to see you're able to get the Meadowbrook out and about. We've had a surprisingly dry winter here so took the coupe out for a short drive. Pulled over and took a pic of the mountains through the windshield.image.thumb.jpg.c9bd00fbb505078eae0b76cb7fcc4220.jpg

• Like 1

Great that you'uns can get out and about this time of year, makes me a tad jealous, but gives me inspiration to get out to the shop and take care of the little things that get the ol' D24 on the road as soon as possible once springs rolls around.  Groundhog Day is taken with a grain of salt in these parts.  Regardless of whether or not Phil sees his shadow, there will always be at least 6 more weeks of winter here.  Northern Maine's snowpack is measured in feet into April.  Me being the "silver lining" type, that's just all the more time to have summer/autumn stuff ready when the time comes. 

• Like 2

Hey guys,

I thought some of you might be interested in another thread I started on a different site.  It'll be similar to Me and the Meadowbrook, but its called "Me and the T/A".  

The link is here:  https://www.challengerforumz.com/threads/me-and-the-t-a.129492/

The thread will highlight adventures in our '17 Challenger T/A 392.  The link is also in my signature.  Hope you all will enjoy it! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Feb. 28:

Drove the Meadowbrook to work this morning. Since I leave at 4am, there isn't much traffic.  70 mile round trip.  It was 32 degrees this morning, so I needed the heater for a bit.  I drove 55mph, and 65 on the Interstate, which is just a 7 mile stretch.  One of my coworkers passed me not realizing it was me because he had not seen my car yet. When I got to work he told me that he said to himself "what in the hell is that?" when he passed by me.  But he was happy to see it and liked it a lot as did many of my other coworkers. 

Pic 1: interstate ramp on the way home. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Pic 2: 

Another shot on the interstate ramp.  

I might need a new radiator fellas.  There's a slight leak (again) in the original one and its been fixed twice already. Starting to not really trust it....

image.jpg

One of the good things about the old copper radiators is that unlike the aluminium ones now used they are relatively easy to repair...........so long as you still have a radiator shop still in business that is..........looks like you have nice clear days at present.......how long does the snow stay around?............andyd

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andydodge said:

One of the good things about the old copper radiators is that unlike the aluminium ones now used they are relatively easy to repair...........so long as you still have a radiator shop still in business that is..........looks like you have nice clear days at present.......how long does the snow stay around?............andyd

Maybe I'll have the shop look at the radiator again. :)

Snow? March is the snowiest month around here.  Sometimes it isn't nice until the end of May...

Mar. 3, 2018:

We took the dogs for a long walk on the local trail. In this shot my son is running toward the car to get a drink of water after our hike.

image.jpg