Me and the Meadowbrook

Worden18

Later we went to Subway; when we returned home it was dark.  The coyotes were just a few hundred yards across the road beyond the corn and soybean fields yipping away!  They do this every night around 10pm.  This video was shot much earlier, maybe 8pm.  Audio only as it was pitch black!

• Like 1

Finally got the aftermarket heater CV installed.  The factory one was leaking.   The old CV is still in the car, attached to the firewall.  The new one is just zip tied into place, and I don't have the temp cable attached because it won't reach.  Not sure if I will run a new cable, or eventually just get the old CV rebuilt.  For now I've just left the valve wide open, and let me tell you, the heater will cook you out!  I've been picking up my daughter from the school play practice at 10pm the last few nights, and its been 40 degrees or less and windy to boot.  It was so toasty in the car I had to shut the heater fan off and crack a window.  :D

Here's a shot in the garage after I drained the antifreeze out of the radiator.  The pic in the driveway was after I took a short test drive to fully warm up the car; wanted to make sure there were no leaks.  I will drive the car until it snows no matter how cold it gets. :)

I really like driving the car at night, and especially when its chilly.  It just ads to the experience.  I talked to a guy that is part of the pit band for my daughter's play (after play practice was over); he had to walk by my car in order to get to his car.  He graduated in 1975 and has owned a 67 Mustang since then.  He liked my car a lot and we had a 15 minute conversation about it.  It was fun even though it was dark, cold, and windy!

new HCV (1).JPG

new HCV (2).JPG

new HCV (3).JPG

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 1

Took the Meadowbrook out this morning to get some pumpkins and gourds.  35 degrees here, and somehow it feels just bone chilling.  1/2 choke and the Meadowbrook fired right up.  This pic is looking down at our wood boiler (and wood shed) just before we took off.  

image.jpg

• Like 1

November 3, 2017

Took the Meadowbrook out earlier today to run some errands.  Full choke, starts right up...30 something degrees.  Definitely used the heater.  

Pic 1:  Warming up before I left.

Pic 2:  Outside the local hardware store after picking up a new shop light.

Pic 3:  At a friend's business to check and see if he has the tools I requested to finish work on a die for his plastic injection mold machine.  Been modifying the die plates on his mill...mostly last week.  I'm a machinist by trade, but haven't touched a mill in a LONG time.  I am surprised how good things are going even though I'm rusty.  :)

errands Nov 3 2017 (2).JPG

errands Nov 3 2017 (3).JPG

errands Nov 3 2017 (1).JPG

• Like 1

Nov. 3  (cont).

Wifey and I took the Meadowbrook  out this evening to JTs Bar and Grill for Burgers and drinks....so good!

Second picture:  Kwik Trip gas station in Spring Grove after a 1/2 hour drive there.  I love night driving.  The car's heater is impressive.  I cycled it every now and then as it will cook you out.  I washed the windshield at the gas station and we got a snack for the ride home.  

JTs for burgers Nov 3 2017.JPG

Kwik Trip Spring Grove cruise Nov 3 2017.JPG

• Like 1

Looks great! I just finished a 120mile trip in mine to put it away for the winter. Luckily we got the cars(Dad was behind me in his 66 wagon) put away before the snow started flying again. 

IMG_20171103_181610.jpg

• Like 2

Nice night for a cruise. 

The snow hit us hard yesterday.  Temp is 14 F overnight tonite. My '53 Chrysler is now officially stored for the year. Tonight I placed it in the right spot in the garage, jacked it up, and started on the rear drums removal. I have been putting this off until the last possible day, where I could cruise no more. 

• Like 1

Great car, great stories & great photos!  Keeping that car clean, maintained & moving is the best thing for it-and sharing your experience is greatly appreciated!  I've always admired the Fluid Drive cars, but it took until last week to finally own one.  I've wanted one for so long that I feel like I've owned it for decades.  Years ago, we has a 1951 Lincoln Cosmopolitan that my wife & I really enjoyed.  As we were taking the '48 Town Sedan out for the first drive as a family, my wife & I said at exactly the same time, "I like this car better than the Lincoln."  This thread has inspired me to share more about our car!  Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

Thurs Nov. 9th I drove the kids to school and then I went to work.  This text is supposed to go with the previous 3 pictures but somehow after entering them from my phone last night, it wouldn't let me enter any text.

On the 10th the grade school (including my kids) put on an awesome Veteran's Day Program.  Here's me at home before we left.

Veterans Day Program (2).JPG

• Like 1

Nov. 11th.  Tonight at about 5:30pm I fired up the Meadowbrook so we could drive it to Subway to grab dinner.  I've found that in this chilly weather (25-30 degrees), full choke and one quick pump and the car fires right up.  Some pics before we left.  I definitely let the car warm up all the way so I could crank the heater!

Veterans Day Drive to Subway (2).JPG

Veterans Day Drive to Subway (3).JPG

Veterans Day Drive to Subway (4).JPG

• Like 1

Nov 11th Cont.

Pic 1:  My son ready to go

Pic 2: outside of Subway.  The DNR was in the parking lot taking samples of the hunters' deer to check for chronic wasting disease.  Lots of people in orange walking around.  :)

Pic 3:  The ride home.  I drove 50-55mph.  Cycled the heater because it was nice and toasty in the car.  :D

Veterans Day Drive to Subway (5).JPG

Veterans Day Drive to Subway (6).JPG

Veterans Day Drive to Subway (1).JPG

• Like 2

Sunday, Nov.12

Drove the Meadowbrook to church this morning, then on to Elsie's kitchen in the neighboring town of Caledonia for brunch.  We took the long way home as some long awaited sunshine illuminated what's left of our fall colors.  

image.jpg

• Like 1

Nov. 18

Still driving the Meadowbrook, no snow so we're golden there.  We drove into town to take my son's friend home after a visit, and later on we took the dogs with on a little trip to Spring Grove.  Stopped at Kwik Trip for gas and a few groceries.  Some people waved at us earlier in the day, and some gave us strange looks like what were we doing driving that old car in this cold when there's no car show?  I returned the strange look :D

Car ran great, heater worked awesome, and it was such a joy to drive on this beautiful November day.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Nov. 18

The dogs curled up in the back and didn't make a peep. The female laid on the floor and the male on the seat.  He used the arm rest as a head rest like he usually does.  At Kwik Trip they popped up to see what was going on.  They never made a peep the entire ride.  They love to go with. :) 

6,275 miles on the engine rebuild since May 8th.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 1