Me and the Meadowbrook

Worden18

This past Saturday (Aug. 5th) there was a car show that is an annual event hosted by one family (near Rushford MN, on their property).  They are big Mopar enthusiasts so it was nice to finally NOT be the only Mopar or Dodge at a show.  With that being said, I still was the only Mopar from the 50s there!  There was a '46 Dodge truck, but I think that was the oldest Mopar other than my Meadowbrook.  Most were from the 60s and 70s.

Anyway, these kind hosts fed everybody....hundreds of people, which was really gracious of them.  They had 50s and 60s music going all day as well.  No cost for the show or lunch.  I would say there was maybe 100 cars total throughout the day.  

This shot was early so there wasn't anyone parked on my one side yet.

Rushford State 16 show (4).JPG

• Like 1

I was really enthused about this old Hudson until I discovered the V8 under the hood.  Just not my thing I guess.  The car looked good though.

Rushford State 16 show (9).JPG

This '66 Hemi Satellite was driven by the original owner.  He had all the paperwork with him.  I got to take a look at that stuff; pretty interesting.

Rushford State 16 show (26).JPG

Here's that 46 Dodge truck, which was modified to fit a 360, and it was mounted on a Durango frame since the 114 inch wheelbase is the same as the original frame's wheelbase.  This guy and his friend built that truck and the 73 Duster next to it which had a built 400 and would go 125mph in the 1/4 mile.

Rushford State 16 show (30).JPG

The guy that owned this 39 Chevy is 83 years old.  I talked to him for about 1/2 an hour.  He grabbed an extra lawn chair out of his truck so I could sit by him.  He owns quite a number of cars, but decided to drive the truck to the show that day.  He had the most interesting story I heard that day.

He worked for Chevrolet on the assembly line in 1953 and 54.  He owns a 53 Chevy and decided one day to do a little research on it.  With the codes on the car and some other paperwork he was able to determine that it was built on HIS shift, and HE installed the engine in the car as that was his job on the assembly line.  How about that for a cool story?

It was a lot of fun talking to him.

Rushford State 16 show (29).JPG

• Like 2

The hosts of the show literally have millions of dollars worth of cars.  They did have some of the race cars displayed in one of their big garages for everyone to see.  The bigger shed they had closed off.  I felt fortunate to be able to see these cars again, as I had gotten a full tour from their son last fall.

Rushford State 16 show (2).JPG

I hope you guys can read these, or make them bigger so you can read them somehow.  So interesting....

These go with the UFO car in the above post.

Rushford State 16 show (19).JPG

Rushford State 16 show (21).JPG

Rushford State 16 show (22).JPG

• Like 1

This 56 Sedan delivery was a replica tribute to the actual car that raced BITD.  Sorry I didn't get a closer image of the info board.

The car was of course trailered in to the show, but he won an award so he drove it up to the winner's circle at the end of the show.  It rumbled quite nicely.  Wasn't as loud as that 65 Belvedere UFO car though; they had that sucker running and driving around for a bit.  It was super LOUD!!

Rushford State 16 show (5).JPG

Rushford State 16 show (6).JPG

My son and I really had a fun day.  We were there from 10:30am till about 4 in the afternoon.  My son ran around and made friends and petted all the dogs he could find.  He told me later on that it was "the second best day of his life".  I forgot to ask him what #1 was LOL :lol:

I really enjoyed talking to people and hearing the stories about their cars; where they found them, how they built them, etc.  I got to talk about my car quite a bit as well.  As usual there was always a crowd around it.  Talked my fool head off all day. :D

Rushford State 16 show (3).JPG

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Worden18 said:

My son and I really had a fun day.  We were there from 10:30am till about 4 in the afternoon.  My son ran around and made friends and petted all the dogs he could find.  He told me later on that it was "the second best day of his life".  I forgot to ask him what #1 was LOL :lol:

I really enjoyed talking to people and hearing the stories about their cars; where they found them, how they built them, etc.  I got to talk about my car quite a bit as well.  As usual there was always a crowd around it.  Talked my fool head off all day. :D

Rushford State 16 show (3).JPG

What a great day, and you got to see some great cars and meet some down to earth people too!  Very cool!  

I take my oldest son to car shows also.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Worden18 said:

He worked for Chevrolet on the assembly line in 1953 and 54.  He owns a 53 Chevy and decided one day to do a little research on it.  With the codes on the car and some other paperwork he was able to determine that it was built on HIS shift, and HE installed the engine in the car as that was his job on the assembly line.  How about that for a cool story

That's a neat story