Me and the Meadowbrook

Worden18

I had a 1952  Dodge Wayfarer 3 passenger business cpe I drove a lot back in the 70's and 80's.

I have worked on a few 1950-52 Dodges for customers and enjoyed fixing them.

I sure enjoy your posts and pictures!

Please keep it up.

1952 Dodge Wayfarer 3 Passenger Cpe.JPG

• Like 2

Dodgeb4ya............theres some long haired punk touching your car in that pic.........just thought I'd better tell you..........lol.........regards, Andyd

Oh.... he was ok guy....

He has lost most of his hair, is older quieter and much more tame these days!!

That bad ass still owns that car today.... although it has had a morphing makeover.

• Like 1

I probably would drive my truck more if I had a different garage/driveway situation. But in order to get my truck out of the garage I have to park my wife's car, and my daily driver truck, out on the street so I can get the Ol' Dodge out of the garage. It's just too much work to run some errands. Easier to just jump in the daily driver and go. 

If I could just fire it up and go, like I can with the daily driver, I would be driving it more often. 

Merle

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Merle Coggins said:

I probably would drive my truck more if I had a different garage/driveway situation. But in order to get my truck out of the garage I have to park my wife's car, and my daily driver truck, out on the street so I can get the Ol' Dodge out of the garage. It's just too much work to run some errands. Easier to just jump in the daily driver and go. 

If I could just fire it up and go, like I can with the daily driver, I would be driving it more often. 

Merle

I guess I should be grateful that I don't have a garage to park my P20 in. It is as accessible as any of the 4 vehicles we have here. Luckily we have enough parking space that none are ever parked in. And we drive the P20 when it isn't being worked on. 

• Like 1

Tonight (July 7th) we took the Meadowbrook to the park and walked the dogs while the kids played.  Afterwards there was no way I was going to just drive back home.  So I filled up with gas and then we got a snack.  For the first time I can remember, nobody at the gas station asked me about my car.  Had some lookers, though.  After gas-up we took an off the beaten path road that we had been on maybe only once before.  What a great drive it was.  Perfect weather for an evening cruise.  

Kids racing back to the car:

July 7 2017 cruise (3).jpg

Moon behind the car.  I gave my passenger side blinker lens a tap after I snapped this photo and it came back on.  Better check that connection :D

July 7 2017 cruise (2).jpg

Saturday (July 8th) was a great day.  Spring Valley MN was hosting a car show and reviving (for one day anyway) their city's long retired Drive-In Movie theater.  They went about the whole thing a little differently than I was expecting, but it was still fun.  They projected the movie (Grease; I would've picked Back to the Future or E.T. or GhostBusters or something) onto the side of a semi trailer on one end of main street.  Some people actually DID sit in their cars to watch it, but room was limited.  Most people sat on lawn chairs or on blankets in the street.  I talked to a good friend of mine the whole movie since I'm not a huge fan of watching John Travolta try to sing :D

It was an absolutely perfect evening weather-wise.  Cool, no wind, no bugs.  We ate pizza and drank slushies and the kids ran around and had fun.  

First pic:  Us following my friend in his 65 Plymouth station wagon.

July 8 2017 Spring Valley Car Show and Drive-In (18).jpg

This guy had a really nice 50 Coronet with 34K original miles.  I talked to him for probably 20 minutes.  We compared differences on our cars.  His had been repainted, but the rest was completely original.  His Dad owned it before him, but he had it up for sale asking $6K.  The interior was mint.  It ran excellent.  I wanted to get more pics but he left after about an hour and never came back. 

July 8 2017 Spring Valley Car Show and Drive-In (1).jpg

I talked to the owners of this 50 Ford F-3.  Good original farm truck that they bought and got running and just use it to cruise around in.  

July_8_2017_Spring_Valley_Car_Show_and_Drive-In_(2).jpg

• Like 1

This old Chevy had some good patina.  There was a V8 in it though, and a small steering wheel.  I think it may have been lowered a bit.  Otherwise it looked very original.

July_8_2017_Spring_Valley_Car_Show_and_Drive-In_(3).jpg

The main guy who organized the event was a big Mopar guy.  Here he had his cars lined up by the semi trailer.  A Plymouth that I don't believe is an actual convertible, I think they cut the top off.  Then a 57 or 8? Dodge Royal, which looked to be all original, it was pretty nice, then his Lil' Red Truck.

July_8_2017_Spring_Valley_Car_Show_and_Drive-In_(5).jpg