Here's one I bet you've never seen

knuckleharley

6 hours ago, MackTheFinger said:

I like the looks of that engine. I have no idea how they work on a flathead Mopar but IMO SU carbs are the best carb ever for a Harley..

I sure liked the way the SU worked on my old Knuckle with the lightening valve train and 74 pan flywheels,rods,and pistons.

5 hours ago, classiccarjack said:

Yeah, the Knuckles, and Pans should have had these SU carbs from the factory! The Shovelhead and Evolution engines love the CV Carbs...  

I love the 1-3/4 S&S Drag carb I have on my shovel. That and the Sifton cam really woke that old girl up. The idiot that decided that sorry-ass Jap carb (Kolien?) was perfect for Harley's should be tracked down and beaten until he cries like a little girl,and then beaten some more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knuckleharley said:

If I had deep pockets I would be inviting you all to come see it and the rest of my collection at the Houston Astro Dome,and the satellite buildings.

LOL...  Oh how I wish you could do that!

The idiot that decided that sorry-ass Jap carb (Kolien?) was perfect for Harley's should be tracked down and beaten until he cries like a little girl,and then beaten some more

Oh come on now. I think you are holding back. Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

I love the 1-3/4 S&S Drag carb I have on my shovel. That and the Sifton cam really woke that old girl up. The idiot that decided that sorry-ass Jap carb (Kolien?) was perfect for Harley's should be tracked down and beaten until he cries like a little girl,and then beaten some more.

I remember the Keihin, non CV Carb!  Those things leaked! They would not seal well at the needle and seat, causing the cylinders to fill up with gas if the petcock wasn't shut off.  Yeah, I scrapped a lot of those in favor of a quality S&S carburetor.  I ran a Super G on my last one, worked really well.

Tell you what Knuckleharley, how about you beat him until you get tired, then I will beat him until I get tired, then I can hand the cane back to you to finish the job!  Muhahahaha

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, classiccarjack said:

Tell you what Knuckleharley, how about you beat him until you get tired, then I will beat him until I get tired, then I can hand the cane back to you to finish the job!  Muhahahaha

Works for me. I'm old now,and would need to take frequent breaks anyhow.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

It was fun to see how far one of those Keihins could be thrown, though.. One of the more family friendly things that went on at the runs :) Some people will give folding money for one of those carbs nowadays, I guess they need them for restorations.

Slightly more on topic, one of my uncles ran a homebrewed manifold with a one barrel Mopar carb on a servicar in  the '60s. Necessity is a mother.. Wish I had pictures...

• Like 1

On 5/31/2017 at 3:29 PM, knuckleharley said:

My shovel likes it's S&S super E.content://media/external/file/3321

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:14 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

GOTTA PAY TO PLAY !!!

So true! I've been payin' and playin a lot lately so I need to let my pennies stack up again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Flatie46 said:

So true! I've been payin' and playin a lot lately so I need to let my pennies stack up again.

Me too...  Had some surprises come up.  I have to lay low for a while.  It is too bad that I am having no success at selling anything so I can buy some parts I need...