Art Deco vehicles

pflaming

Just now, knuckleharley said:

Who is that quote from? Is the 3600 for the car including the delivery?

Yes. I'm them owner and I still have the connection with transport. I use to transport autos with 10, 10 car haulers for 40 years. 

12 minutes ago, countrytravler said:

Yes. I'm them owner and I still have the connection with transport. I use to transport autos with 10, 10 car haulers for 40 years. 

Does the car have a clear title with numbers that match the door tags? What parts are missing or in such poor condition they need replacement?

Have any photos of the dash and interior?

Can you email or post some more photos of it in a PM to me?

BTW,I live about 40 miles south of Norfolk,Va,if that will help you figure your time and expenses.

Edited by knuckleharley

2 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Does the car have a clear title with numbers that match the door tags? What parts are missing or in such poor condition they need replacement?

Have any photos of the dash and interior?

Can you email or post some more photos of it in a PM to me?

BTW,I live about 40 miles south of Norfolk,Va,if that will help you figure your time and expenses.

A clear CA title will be applied for with your name on it if you want to go that route with the local sheriff doing the inspection. We have done about 50 cars this way. Just got done doing 4, 1947 trucks that we sold going to Debie. The 40 has been out of the system for over 7 years.

I'll give more info and pictures on the email.

Need your email

Mine is

dave@dodgecityvintage.com

Thanks

Dave

15 minutes ago, countrytravler said:

A clear CA title will be applied for with your name on it if you want to go that route with the local sheriff doing the inspection. We have done about 50 cars this way. Just got done doing 4, 1947 trucks that we sold going to Debie. The 40 has been out of the system for over 7 years.

I'll give more info and pictures on the email.

Need your email

Mine is

dave@dodgecityvintage.com

Thanks

Dave

Email is on the way to you already.

I must really be getting old to be this excited about a 4dr car!

Edited by knuckleharley
  • Like 1

A C26 for $3,600 delivered? Hmmm, there's a deal. No way I could ship it to Oz for that. Lol......:lol:

Hey KH, if you go through with the deal, I've got a spare parts list you can have if you could help chase down some trim pieces for my C25.

Rick

17 minutes ago, Ricky Luke said:

A C26 for $3,600 delivered? Hmmm, there's a deal. No way I could ship it to Oz for that. Lol......:lol:

Hey KH, if you go through with the deal, I've got a spare parts list you can have if you could help chase down some trim pieces for my C25.

Rick

around 5500 shipped to OZ. We're shipping 4 trucks to Debie for 4600.

1 hour ago, pflaming said:

Hey, CT, do I get a cut for connecting you two together? 

Customer had about 6k in the car. WHOOPS!! You owe him. LOL!!!!

• Like 1

BTW,to anyone else interested in the car,I have backed away from the deal on the 40 Chrysler,at least temporarily,so please feel free to step up to the plate if you want it.

On 6/7/2017 at 6:16 AM, JOHN EDGE said:

Love those pre and post war era vehicles when styling was at its zenith

just started on our newest project 1947 caddy model 62

image.jpg

image.jpg

This car is a true Art Deco styled example. I hope it will be kept original. A friend of mine has a 4 door fast back model and has redone the original running gear. He has left the patina on the body.

• Like 1

no reason for the upside down plate- one of us not paying attention- we're not really driving the caddy yet- the rear glass bars are styling cues

We have been detailing the bottom of the caddy removing 70 years of road grime. The caddy was in storage since 1978. The  engine is just been built. 347 cid hydro matic going to lower it about 5 inches in front and 3 inches in back polish all the stainless and chrome and redo interior  leave the paint alone. It's a cool driver

1 hour ago, JOHN EDGE said:

We have been detailing the bottom of the caddy removing 70 years of road grime. The caddy was in storage since 1978. The  engine is just been built. 347 cid hydro matic going to lower it about 5 inches in front and 3 inches in back polish all the stainless and chrome and redo interior  leave the paint alone. It's a cool driver

With that profile, you consider reversing the drop? Might look good dragging tail!

12 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

the only thing a tail dragger should be on is a light duty aircraft......:eek:      rake it...butt high.....

...the "stink-bug stance"...

I remember back in the day, working as a wrench for the Lincoln dealership.  Man brings in the MarkIV and wants it make into a taildragger.....what a ridiculus sight that monstrosity was...but hey, he was happy, the mechanic made money and the world still turns in the same direction and speed for the most part...the sun still rises in the east

as you have asked, little low in the front for my liking, be great for playing blacktop soccer with possums and armadillos given that bulldozer blade thick front bumper.....but its not my car.....just got to please but one person, yourself...

given your Florida location....."just gotta Tampa with it"

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

4 hours ago, JOHN EDGE said:

this is the look were shooting for- what do you think

photo_(24).JPG

Great I guess if it never moves from that spot!

Is this what I have read about is layin" frame?  :rolleyes:

I like rakes to the front but----

DJ

• Like 1

Not close to laying frame . We'll be within 2 inches of this. Maybe a little higher in the front. Some of Harley Earle's last styling . Think a fastback 52 Plymouth would look nice done this way. If I could find a nice patina one