New door sills are here.

casper50

My new door sills from Dennis Bickford arrived a bit ago.  Video says more about them than I can.  Seem to be great quality but missing one row of studs on the back.  Won't be able to fit them until next Thursday.  I'll update this once they are installed and see how they work out. Cost $475 he pays shipping to lower 48, and split it with me.  Dennis Bickford 575 443-1160  He has a small 33 page catalog of parts for Town and Country's but lots of stuff cross over to non T&C.

• Like 1

There is a man who makes a nice reproduction door sill plate.........they are smooth on the bottom with no studs........you have to glue them

into place and leave a little space on the inner edge to tuck carpet or mat.  They are somewhere around 250 or 300 .... I bought a set.  He

usually attends Hershey.......also puts them on eBay from time to time.    I think his handle is  "djyaz".   I have not installed mine yet as my

originals are still "pretty good", but I wanted to have their replacement on hand.  I don't have a good contact to reach the fellow, but will try to find one and post it for anyone who might be interested. 

ADDENDUM.......update.......I found the business card of the man who sells those sill plates. I believe he told me he designed them but a certain company actually produces the product.  They are more of a "plastic-y" material  instead of rubber.  Their design matches the original very well.  They can be installed using certain glues or auto body molding tape, but do not have the studs as original.   The seller is Diran Yazejian from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan    His phone is (248) 646-0158, or his email is  djyaz@yahoo.com    

IMG_1266.jpg

Edited by BobT-47P15

They look like a good fit and a nice item.  I like them having studs, but that also causes the producer to

go to more trouble and expense......probably why yours were priced as they were.  (If you want a

place to spend money, just get an old car........some times is my motto)