39 Chrysler on CL

White Spyder

I do not need two of these. The 39 body style was a one year Art Deco style. I hope White Spyder gets his price.  I bought mine several months ago, its in storage now.

Edited by pflaming

once taken apart it is no longer original. people really mis-use the terms original, survivor, barn find and others.still, it looks like a nice car , but always a gamble to get all the parts when you buy it in pieces.my car is a survivor, but I have lost interest in restoration as this hobby is just too expensive now. only universals I could find the vendor wants $300 for the pair. car still good to drive, so I will pass on that price. I am taking the car for a ride today, a 1954 Chrysler Windsor. I actually bought some used tires for it to save some money, and they are doing fine. we buy nice new tires and they dry rot before we get full use of them. with the used tires I pay for the last half of their life and then they can dry rot. I could not get whitewalls, but most of these cars did not use them when new. I also took off the wire wheel rims and put the original rims and hubcaps on. looks better than I remember.  if anyone is interested in the wires let me know.      capt den

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Reg Evans said:

Wow !  I paid $8500 for this one last year.

39 Chry rack 2.JPG

Reg, you have some really nice cars.  If I can come visit you again, I will ask if I can take some pictures....

Good luck on selling your car White Spyder.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pflaming said:

I do not need two of these. The 39 body style was a one year Art Deco style. I hope White Spyder gets his price.  I bought mine several months ago, its in storage now.

2 minutes ago, classiccarjack said:

Reg, you have some really nice cars.  If I can come visit you again, I will ask if I can take some pictures....

Good luck on selling your car White Spyder.

It's not his car. He said it's near him and he's not looking for another project. 

• Like 1

My 39 Royal, came from an estate sale. The family sold his car collection of 30, 40, 50 model vehicles. They were operational when he bought them, and he just put them in safe keeping. Mine has all the windows out, and all the significant trim, , etc gone. tail lights .  Upon a closer look, he must have removed all that, and placed it all in the car so no one would strip it. Will be fun to pull all that out and start cleaning. Winter of 2018 project. 

19 hours ago, pflaming said:

My 39 Royal, came from an estate sale. The family sold his car collection of 30, 40, 50 model vehicles. They were operational when he bought them, and he just put them in safe keeping. Mine has all the windows out, and all the significant trim, , etc gone. tail lights .  Upon a closer look, he must have removed all that, and placed it all in the car so no one would strip it. Will be fun to pull all that out and start cleaning. Winter of 2018 project. 

I would think that removing it from the car and placing the items inside would make them easier to pilfer...exit, hole in the fence 

have you done a complete inventory...? if not, I suggest doing so and start your parts search early...especially with your upcoming run east

On 5/27/2017 at 11:43 AM, Young Ed said:

It's not his car. He said it's near him and he's not looking for another project. 

For some reason I thought he purchased the green car....  Oh well, that's what I get for reading something after working a 16 hour day!  LOL...  Sorry for making that mistake.