Hubs

Does anybody know if there is a conversation kit out there. To go from the 50's hubs with the big 6 bolt with the split rims to a normal modern hub. I don't have any idea if there is a tubeless tire rim you can get for a 56 Fargo. 

Just run a tube and flap, can even use a radial with the correct setup. Stockton Wheels make modern replacements, but they are pretty pricey. lot more than tubes and flaps. 

Ya I have new tires on mine already but you can't put weights on them because of the split rim. If I get over a certain speed like 40 to 50 miles per hr the thing shakes pretty bad. I just wanted to drive it this year and hopefully get either a frame or if a conversation kit was available maybe next year or over the winter. 

Ya that whats on there right now. I guess I could go see if someone else can do it. But took it to a place that does big truck and farm equipment and they couldn't get it to weigh out. The weights they have on it are just about 1/2 way up the tire

A good older and more experienced tire/wheel balance guy should be able to balance your factory wheels and tires.

Go to a place that does heavy trucks.

Those split ring rims if not damaged or bent will balance out.

Simple knowledge if a lot of weight is needed keep rotating tire  and ring to different positions to cut down on the weights required.

I've driven several 1 tons that had no excessive vibrations at 55.

• Like 2

I could put them on the back side. I noticed that this was never a problem when they first bought the truck. So they must have had something to put weights on back in the day. The steering wheel when I drive the truck moves wobbles a lot. Not sure what to do. I was talking to one guy that said these tires shouldn't have weights on to begin with. 

Theres a big truck tire shop just down the street from me. Going to go and see them once truck is mobile again. See what they can do. It's hard trying to find a old school guy around here. Most of the young guys have no idea what they are doing. 

• Like 1

Boy.... that's for sure!

Even at times I haven't a clue:eek:

• Like 2