grill emblem

blue p15

Right you are Robin..     The nameplate is simply stainless steel.  The triangular chrome piece just above it

is another animal entirely.  It is chrome and the background area around the ship is bright red.....like the letters

on the stop light,  the spacers in between the letters of "Special Deluxe" on the front fender sides, and in  the ship design and letters on the hubcaps, but not the ring around the design.101_8542.jpg101_8557.jpgDSC08973.jpg

Edited by BobT-47P15
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BobT-47P15 said:

Right you are Robin..     The nameplate is simply stainless steel.  The triangular chrome piece just above it

is another animal entirely.  It is chrome and the background area around the ship is bright red.....like the letters

on the stop light,  the spacers in between the letters of "Special Deluxe" on the front fender sides, and around

the ship design on the hubcaps.

I wish these were stainless........

Well, then, I will say I have never tried to buff that front name plate......have only needed to shine them

with chrome cleaner or some type of wax......and they appear to be stainless due to the hollow type

construction.  Just my take on it......no biggie here.

3 hours ago, BobT-47P15 said:

Well, then, I will say I have never tried to buff that front name plate......have only needed to shine them

with chrome cleaner or some type of wax......and they appear to be stainless due to the hollow type

construction.  Just my take on it......no biggie here.

Bob....I have a number of these here at the house and for whatever reason time and elements have caused the flashed on finish to break down on them.....I tried to lightly buff one out and found out why they were not magnetic....disappointing to say the least....was hoping to find flash chrome over stainless like some of the grilles were back in the day......out of 5 I have one that is very nice....two are rough and two are marginal at best.   I assure you I would be all in favor of them being made of stainless......