54 dodge pickup kingpin part number

I need new kingpins for my truck called napa guy said I would need to know what size axle I have. ...I have no idea also I would need nylon bushings or i would have to take the axle to a machine shop..does anyone have a part number for napa,carquest,advance,or oreilly, autozone for new kingpins...54 dodge 1/2 ton thanks

According to Nostalgia Sid's  the part numbers are as follows:   Moog #8453B or N  (.8730 diameter)

NAPA  #262-1378   (.8730 diameter) 

And you're in the real machine shop zone for the honing, etc., here.

Edited by lonejacklarry

3 hours ago, lonejacklarry said:

According to Nostalgia Sid's  the part numbers are as follows:   Moog #8453B or N  (.8730 diameter)

NAPA  #262-1378   (.8730 diameter) 

And you're in the real machine shop zone for the honing, etc., here.

Moog said that 8453b would not work on my truck..and it will need to be taking to a machine shop? Trying to do it myself

9 hours ago, tattooman43 said:

Will the nylon one work 

I couldn't tell you.....I don't know.

Are you familiar with what it takes to replace king pins?  And are you familiar what is involved with straightening any damage you probably won't see? 

This is a machine shop operation.

• Like 1

I can tell you that mine had nylon when I pulled it apart, but the Roberts kit came with bronze bushings. I took it apart, but Nostalgia Sid installed and reamed them when he added 3" of drop to my axle. So I am not sure what it takes to actually do.

• Like 1

I have always used an expandable, adjustable reamer in the past.  You want the ones with tapered sleeves to keep centered.  They are considered hand reamers. Time consuming and take patience.  I used these a lot in the past on big rigs as well cars and pickup trucks.  Sometimes they can be bought on ebay.  I had a few different sizes that were vintage complete with centering bushings years ago and sold them.  Little did I know then I could use them now.