A place for the spare

and another side mount ........................

B3D Side Mount Spare.JPG

• Like 2

Man, this thread was getting me ready to ask if anybody had a bracket for sale. Then I noticed that there would be no room for the oak tool box I'm half through building if I moved the spare to the side of the bed.

3 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

Nice truck... but why does it appear to be a short wheel base for a 1 ton? And a low side bed? I don't believe I've ever seen that combination.

You probably never will see another.

I converted it to a 1 ton chassis back in 1973.... as the 1/2 ton fluid drive didn't cut it for what i needed the truck to do and haul..

• Like 3

I have two different size wheels so right now if I get a flat in the rear tires I am out of luck so  I would like to make a mount for under the truck for my b3b I wonder if on line there are directions how how to build an under the truck mount. the mounts for sale seem to be more money than I would want to spend

8 minutes ago, gramps1951 said:

I wonder if on line there are directions how how to build an under the truck mount.

I didnt find any when I wanted to get one for mine, so I found one on eBay. However, some channel iron and carriage bolts and you could fab one up pretty easy. Another option would be to find one something similar at the wrecking yard and make it work. 

• 5 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:06 AM, BobB said:

Man, this thread was getting me ready to ask if anybody had a bracket for sale. Then I noticed that there would be no room for the oak tool box I'm half through building if I moved the spare to the side of the bed.

I collect as many vintage spare tire mounts as I come across...why? Some are homemade, others look factory...who knows. But why do I collect them?? Again, who knows....lol.

48D   

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:32 AM, Dodgeb4ya said:

You probably never will see another.

I converted it to a 1 ton chassis back in 1973.... as the 1/2 ton fluid drive didn't cut it for what i needed the truck to do and haul..

Now that truly is a  Job Rated pickup !!!

Edited by Reg Evans
  • Like 2

My spare is under the bed where it was when the  truck was new.  It  now has a modified  seat belt around  it for extra security. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I have a new wheel and I’m getting a tire for it.  I’d like to mount it on the passenger side, but I need some pictures of the mounting bracket that you guys have.  Can y’all post some of those pics, or if you have a mount you wouldn’t mind parting with...pm me.  Thanks!