Park Lights

I was thinking today about my park lights. I took them off a year ago because they where rusty and not much could be done with them. 

My question is would you go and try to find original or for now I can use 1975 to 1980 Jeep park lights till I find original. I guess I have to ask would you put the Jeep ones on your 1956 Fargo. They fit. 

Wow this post is all over the place. 

The Jeep park lights are clear and it looks like they have that plastic chrome stuff around the border of them.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,1985,cj7,4.2l+258cid+l6,1181348,body,parking+/+turn+signal+lamp+assembly,11719

Thats what the look like

Well, it depends on a couple things.  Cost is first and, I'm betting these are considerably cheaper than NOS or usable old ones.  If you're looking for an absolute 100% original truck, these are blasphemy to the "correct" police.

And, mostly, it is your truck so you should do as you like.

13 hours ago, lonejacklarry said:

Well, it depends on a couple things.  Cost is first and, I'm betting these are considerably cheaper than NOS or usable old ones.  If you're looking for an absolute 100% original truck, these are blasphemy to the "correct" police.

And, mostly, it is your truck so you should do as you like.

well it's not really "blasphemy" when one is doing an 100% original truck, it is the right thing to do....that's the definition of 100% original.

To small. I was thinking about it after and maybe I can get a piece of sheet metal fabricated and fit these in. Just cover the holes up. For old ones for now. Till I can find the original ones. Not sure though. 

When I owned my 1959, I want to say that I replaced one of mine with the Jeep one you shown.  It looked identical in appearance.  But this was 17 years ago...  I may not be 100% correct.

8 hours ago, tattooman43 said:

What about brake lights? What's everyone using

I had one original light with the Dodge script in the glass. Them bought a second one from Roberts or DCM for the passenger side. They look the same but the repops are just not the same quality when it comes to metal thickness and such. The lens does look awesome though! 

On 5/29/2017 at 3:20 PM, bambamshere said:

Well bought those park lights and of corse they don't fit. What was I expecting. Nothing seems to fit on these trucks. 

Could you give me the distance, center to center, of the two screws that are used to mount the lens, please?

Thanks

So I figured out what to do with these light I have and it actually looks pretty good. First I took a thin piece of aluminum and cut 2 pieces 5 inch in diameter. Then I cut the center out at 3.75 inch diameter. Theae will cover the holes for the original ones. I didn't want to fill them incase I could find them. I then bought a rubber gasket sheet and did the same as aluminum. Then I drilled new holes and mounted the lights. 

I put the lenses then the aluminum then the gasket to protect paint. Then I went under both front fenders and mounted the bucket on to everything else. Screws go through the lenses aluminum the gasket then on back side of fender the bucket. Fits good I will take couple pictures tomorrow.