Separating a Radio from the Grill P20 Model 604

medium_jon

My 15 year old son, the reason we have this P20, wants to hide a modern radio behind the existing Plymouth / Mopar Model 604 Radio face plate / grill. We have the unit out of the car, but I can't see how the faceplate is attached to the radio case. The closest I can figure out is perhaps there is some special very thin wrench that can be used to loosen two nuts around the tuning and volume knobs. Is that how they are separated / connected?

16 minutes ago, rb1949 said:

Has he found a 6v-12V adapter to make it work? Not sure about existing speakers.

Yes. The car had one when we bought it. It was mounted _under_ the dash (visible) and 4 speakers are hidden in the car already. 

Sigh-teenagers-once he saw the radio off the faceplate, he doesn't like the look. So now I have to see what his next idea is.

I think my mopar model 604 radio has been repaired by some previous owner - looked like reasonably fresh solder and a couple new capicators. But a previous owner had also converted to Negative Ground and left the radio plugged in, so I assume it is shot again. Assuming it is dead, what is it worth?