I'm Back

LAKOTA169

On Dec 15th I went to hospital ER with a severe back pain. Had a serious spine infection. While there, they found a couple of other infections in my blood. Plus I got C-Diff. Since Dec 15th, I spent 116 days in the hospital (a few in IU). Plus I spent 22 days at a rehab facility. While at the rehab, the messed up my mediations, which sent me back to ER. So I had a total of 116 days in the hospital, and 22 days in rehab facility. With a total of 21 days at home. Spent Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, St. Patricks Day in the hospital. Came home today. Pretty weak and not very mobile. won't be able to drive the Plymouth for a while. While in the hospital, I had 2 transfusions and they had to shock my heart once. Lost over 30 pounds and spent probable 99% of my time in bed. Just started to get a little mobile the last couple of weeks. Hopefully, now that I'm home, I'll start to get some of my strength back and get out and about. Plymouth hasn't been started since I parked it last October.

Wow man sounds like a rough deal there! Glad your on the upswing, when you've felt really really bad getting back to normal will feel really really good. Take it easy, follow the Doc's orders best ya can. Good luck.

I was wondering where you've been.  Welcome back, glad to hear you're on the mend.  Being home is, in my opinion, one of the best recovery therapies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got out of the house today. It's been 2 weeks today since I got out of the hospital. Started speech and physical therapy today. Will be going 3 days a week. When I met with the speech therapist, She said she didn't see a need for me to continue seeing her. In her opinion, everything looks good. So now all I've got is physical therapy. Don't know for how long. Said they will do an evaluation after 10 weeks to see if I need more. Been having a lot of lower back pain when I was using my cane to get around inside the house. Today I used a walker and didn't seen to have as much pain. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. will see how I do with the walker. If I'm feeling pretty good, and the weather is nice, Might try to start the Plymouth. Know I won't be able to drive it, but at least get it started.

• Like 3

It's the small everyday battles that you win without realizing that make the difference. I saw weekly improvements in my PT and was told I needn't come again if I didn't want to, because I had reached my goals four weeks ahead of schedule. You will too.

Just keep plodding away at your exercises and you'll be free before you know it. 

Your family and you Plymouth are your goals.

• Like 1