Hello from Indiana

rcb

Hello all. New to the forum. I've been a long time Mopar fan but mostly owned 60s/70s cars/trucks (Plymouths in particular). I also own some old tractors (my grandfather's) that I have been working on. Recently I've been looking more at the pre60s Mopars, In particular my wife and I have become smitten with the DeSoto Suburbans. I ran into those while looking for a Plymouth Suburban. So I've been doing a lot of reading, being slightly familiar with the drive trains and such but wanting to know more. Also been watching a lot of ads to get an idea of what's out there. For us, anything we buy is purely for fun, not for concours or anything like that. Anyhow, thanks for having me.

-RC

Edited by rcb
  • Like 1

Welcome to the Forum, RC.  I visit several old car forums and can say this one is one of the best.  Lots of information and knowledgeable folks with an affinity for sharing what they know, often with good natured ribbing and "humor".  Searches will be your friend, but I've also found that after failing to find something with a search, (the subtle nuances of just what to search for often elude me), just throw the question out.  You'll either get pointed to a good thread or location on the site, or given an answer.  I'll warn you that photos are quasi-mandatory, and can be quite helpful.

• Like 1

Thank you for the welcomes! Hobart, Indiana. I get up that way every now and again... used to have a lot of family in Dyer and Cedar Lake, but most have now moved to Tennessee.

Thanks! I am close to Bedford. How about you? Seems like a lot up north which I don't find surprising. A lot of car culture up there. I spent a lot of time around Kendaville and Rome City. Of course with the ACD and NATMUS there in Auburn it speaks to it. I actually met a guy who had worked at the Stutz bearcat shop. But he was quite old even back then. I still get up that way a couple times a year. Good memories.

Those look like some beauties!

Edited by rcb