Finally finished! 1949 Coronet my way

49DODGEBOY

Been awhile since I have posted but thought I would share the finished product. I built this with the thought of a guy in the 60's building it in the garage. The only thing I did not do to this is paint it. (at the request of my wife).  stock under the hood, static dropped (no bags), the only out of period part would be the 5-spd conversion I did. 

1-11-16 1st sun day-3.jpg

2-4-2017 Laws.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, MackTheFinger said:

I have a 1950 Dodge club coupe I've been meaning to do something with. Yours looks great!! Would like to see the rear..

3-3-2017 Farmer Boys cruise nite -best in class-.jpg

21 minutes ago, 50net said:

Great job! Did you have to redo interior?any other upgrades?

I have redone everything :)  put all new floors in it and re-did the interior "my way". Most purest would not appreciate it.  .

floors done-1.jpg

P1020174.JPG

left kick panel 7-15.jpg

Nice work!  I like cars that are built to a theme and not just thrown together with a mish-mash of parts used because they were cheap or available. I have a 39 Plymouth truck I plan to build as a late 50's custom if I ever manage to get other projects out of the way (so far it's been waiting 14 years).

I never used to be a fan of green but I've got to say it's growing on me and the green you picked compliments the car and theme very nicely.

1 hour ago, 40plyrod said:

Very nice job. Sounds like it should be called the Frank Sinatra special, " I did it my way" Beautiful car!!!

listening to people on my local car cruise circuit here has made me that way sorry.(the my way thing) ... some people just don't have a clue

1 hour ago, rhelm1953 said:

Nice work!  I like cars that are built to a theme and not just thrown together with a mish-mash of parts used because they were cheap or available. I have a 39 Plymouth truck I plan to build as a late 50's custom if I ever manage to get other projects out of the way (so far it's been waiting 14 years).

I never used to be a fan of green but I've got to say it's growing on me and the green you picked compliments the car and theme very nicely.

thx, it's a custom mix and the top has red/green/gold liquid pearl in it.

Great looking car......nice work.    I can appreciate the plaid "box" seat covers as I had a couple

different sets on my P15 convertible over a number of years.  Only recently did the interior get

redone to pretty much original appearance.  Now, Drive it and have fun. 

On 5/16/2017 at 4:53 PM, MackTheFinger said:

I don't see anything NOT to like.. That's a nice car!!

THX MAN........

21 hours ago, BobT-47P15 said:

Great looking car......nice work.    I can appreciate the plaid "box" seat covers as I had a couple

different sets on my P15 convertible over a number of years.  Only recently did the interior get

redone to pretty much original appearance.  Now, Drive it and have fun. 

THX Bob, and oh I am having a blast with it trust me.

On 5/16/2017 at 5:14 PM, pflaming said:

That is a first class new floor. Beautiful!  Great looking car also. 

thx man

On 5/16/2017 at 6:13 PM, sp15cspecial said:

Looks fantastic love the color:D

thx, I am real happy with the mix.