52 cambridge clutch noise

cruz

I recently noticed a spinning noise from the clutch , when i let off the  clutch peddle in neutral ........it then goes away when i press down on the peddle and engaged it ..peddle seem right 1 inch play..shifts smooth ..when driving..every once awhile it feels like its stammering hesitation..when it high gear going down the road..can tells if its the Montana wind hitting car or something slipping..?.. no real issue... but id like to figure it out before it becomes an issue...any info appreciated..also are there any members in the montana area..? send me can email and I can send you a video..it won't load up here for some reason ..thanks

Edited by cruz

Or the throw out bearing.  Which,like the pilot bushing,requires the transmission to come out for it to be replaced.

If you do discover it is the throw out bearing,the wise thing to do would be to replace the pilot bushing while you have the transmission out.

It's been my experience that the throw out bearing, and pilot bushing will make noise when the pedal is depressed. That's when the throw out bearing is loaded and spinning. Also this is when the pilot shaft will spin within the bushing. When the clutch pedal is release (clutch applied) then the pilot shaft and bushing turn together and won't make noise. Also at this time the throw out bearing should not be touching the clutch fingers, so it shouldn't make any noise.

However, if the throw out bearing return spring is broken, or disconnected, the bearing can rest against the spinning clutch and make noise.

• Like 1