1946 desoto business coupe deluxe

Asr89

It's really hard to put a value on a typical antique car just by looking at photos. Especially when the car is located in another country where the economy is different and the car is even much rarer than it is here.

Add to that the fact that this car seems to have a VERY nice non-original interior and has been repainted and it becomes impossible to give you a price valuation range from America. Maybe some of our British members will chime in?

I can tell you one thing that remains constant about buying anything regardless of what it is or where you are,though.  Don't pay more than YOU think it is worth because you are the one that is going to have to live with the purchase. The flip side of this is if you really,really like the car and know you will enjoy owning and driving it,it's pretty hard to pay too much. What price happiness?

That's a great-looking DeSoto!  You wouldn't happen to be in Netherlands?  I think I've been to this location. Is that the Stolze collection? My business partner and I have a couple of P15's for sale in the Netherlands at the moment. 

The wheel steering is correct for that car. It is the DeLuxe model desoto. The Custom is the top model and has a different steering wheel,some other odds and ends ,and most noticeably trim around the side windows.  The DeLuxe is the lower model but in my opinion does not make it worthless as s-11 DeSoto coupes aren't all over the place and especially in that condition. Just my 2 cents.

This is a gorgeous model. Looks full optioned.  (Radio, clock, heater, Fluidrive)

Although I own a Chrysler, I always loved DeSoto's rebellious styling. 

My friend in Sweden has a similar 1948 S13, I'm sure he will swap is original interior with yours. :lol:

I live in Denmark and a DeSoto Coupe in Europe, it's a rare , go for it :)

Hello everyone and thanks for all the replies everything helped me allot. 

I have seen one thats needs a full restoration in the link below. Asking 12,995$ but a 1948, located in the States. 

http://www.fossilcars.com/desoto/deluxe/766190

Anyone have any good links for Desoto parts. What about performance parts for the flathead 6? 

Still trying to decide. Any links of original 1946 deluxe interiors and any photos just to compare. 

Hi Mark, Yes you are correct I am in the Netherlands and this is Stolze classics. Send me a link or photos of your P15's. Thank you.

Thanks everyone for your opinions and help.

• Like 1

Hi Normanpitkin. You by any chance have a video or some photos would love to see your setup. How does it sound? Can these flatheads 6 sound like v8's?

Thrashingcows has an excellent photo record of his S-11, '47 or '48 I think.  If you search this site you should be able to find his thread and link onto his pages. Tons of photos. I have an S-11 and have copied many of his photos for reference.  His is a Canadian S-11 if I recall correctly.  Other guys on here have S-11's as well.  Good luck!!

Thank you Bingster I will take a look at his thread. 

I forgot about the driver door serial plate. Can anyone provide how the original engraved vin/serial number plate looks like? 

The engine compartment looks like high mileage and not well taken care of. Haber-dashed IMO.

I'd take it for a nice long drive before agreeing to anything on this car. It needs a full mechanical inspection regardless of price..... high or low.

Lipstick on a pig?????

Buy a good car that looks good and drives good.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
spell check

They look perfect, You never see them on the road these days. 

I wanted to know which serial number should be the correct one. Found 2 images on google. (The driver door post.)

Thanks again everyone.

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG