How to Attach Bed-To-Frame?

I've got an unusual situation in that I have a '59 cab on a Town Panel (maybe '63) frame, to which I'm attaching a '51 low side bed.

I'm obviously not concerned with factory correct, but I am interested in how the factory did things as a starting place for my own efforts. I've looked over many bed-related threads, but haven't found any pictures or much description of how the factory attached bed to frame. Was the bed really just held down with 4 (or 6) bolts to the cross sills?

Also, at the rear of the truck does the last bed cross sill sit directly on the frame rail, or does the frame rail end short of the sill? My frame is too long because it's off a townie so I need to decide where to cut it.

I appreciate any suggestions.

IMG_20151124_170612002_zps4igaa3fi.jpg

HPIM1838.JPG

HPIM1916.JPG

Got a bit of a FrankenTruck there. ;)

The rear sill should hang over the end of the frame. The rear cross member, which sits just a few inches ahead of the rear sill should bolt to the back end of the frame rails. (like where the holes are hiding under your wood shims) And yes, the bed sides sit on the wood, which is attached to the cross members, and the 6 long bolts go through a couple of boards and the cross members to the frame. There should be some rubber pads between the cross members and the frame.

A couple questions that I have...  #1. Where do the fenders line up with the rear wheels? Would it be better to stretch the bed sides to fit the truck frame?  And #2, That Town Panel body in the back looks pretty good. What's going to happen with that?

Yep, what Merle said, really just 6 to 8 bolts (depending on bed size) that hold it down.  My modern bed is only held down with 6 bolts.

Thanks guys-

Much to my surprise, with the bed mocked up the rear wheel is nicely centered (front-to-back) in the fender. The P.O. who started the project must have been planning on this bed length. The rear end is a little wide though, so it will require either skinny wheels or a bit of positive offset to keep the wheels inside the fenders

Merle, that photo was taken by the previous owner and that townie body you see was originally going to go on the chassis that is under my truck now. He changed directions and built a new chassis to accommodate a big Cummins, and sold me this one. AFAIK that townie is still being finished, but it's not mine.

On the other hand, whilst doing this project I've accumulated a lot of body parts I won't be needing that fit the '59/'60 style pickups as well as the '59 and newer Townies, so if there is anything anybody needs...If I have it extra it'll be cheap.

I don't have good pics, but here's another couple of the chassis:

HPIM1837.JPG

HPIM1836.JPG