Odd stalls

So I was on my car club's "mystery run" yesterday, two times I ended up stalling out at an intersection. Both times the starter barely made a grown. Waited a minute or two and a week turnover resulted in an engine start. Odd thing is about two miles later each time I stop turn the truck off. Started him back up again within a minute or two and the starter fired around like normal. Thoughts?

Well, I think I found the problem. Sort of as I expected, checked all the connections everything looks good.  Put a charger on the battery and the battery wants to draw so my guess is the  battey is finally taking its last gasp and it's time for replacement. Battery is 6 years old so even though it's not used a lot probably time to replace.

3 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

Well, I think I found the problem. Sort of as I expected, checked all the connections everything looks good.  Put a charger on the battery and the battery wants to draw so my guess is the  battey is finally taking its last gasp and it's time for replacement. Battery is 6 years old so even though it's not used a lot probably time to replace.

My truck wouldn't start this spring when I picked it up from storage. Looked at the battery its from 2008!

• Like 1