1951 230 Flathead 6 rebuild

51Meadowbrook

3 hours ago, Don Coatney said:

I back off my original inclusion and will go with a exclusion on believing anything about the two above posters comments as my conclusion. There comments are delusional.

Don, I look forward to reading your comments. Occasionally I may have missed something - it causes me to go back and read what has been  posted in a thread that perhaps I missed and although I don't always totally agree with your response - ( you haven't lost your edge );). You, as one of the forum members who has been there done that...and have the pictures to prove it - I generally pay attention. :)   

Edited by T120
  • Like 3

Looks great.   Looking forward to getting to this point with my own. 

• Like 1

Ted seems to using a proper lubricant-at least for himself!

DJ

• Like 1

I recently replaced mine on my P20 with the engine and transmission in place. There was really only one place it would slide through and align with the bracket that holds the end of the cable armor. You might just want to wait until after you reinstall the motor and transmission. 

Technical difficulties ! I bought a new throw out bearing from Rock auto and it is way smaller than the one on my car ! I called Oreillys and they ordered 3 different bearings and when I got there they were the same size as the Rockauto bearing I'm wondering if my transmission came off a dodge  truck?? I check the new bearing to see if it would slide over the  transmission shaft and it was way to small! Any body know what mine might come off of?  

IMG_7514.JPG

Just for info may I ask the price from Berbaums?

I googled that BCA # and got quick results buttttt!!! $150-$160! I think Not!  :o

DJ

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DJ194950 said:

Just for info may I ask the price from Berbaums?

I googled that BCA # and got quick results buttttt!!! $150-$160! I think Not!  :o

DJ

I bought just the bearing since the sleeve was in good shape and the bearing was $ 49.00 plus shipping

• Like 1