Where was it?

I have a 48,and AFAIK,it doesn't even have one. Then again,mine has a frame clip,modern rear,modern V-8,modern upholstery,etc,etc,etc.

I strongly suspect it will be pushed up under the springs on the bottom of the bottom rear seat,though. If not the bottom,the top half. That's where I have found them in non-Mopars of varying ages.

Edited by knuckleharley

5 minutes ago, casper50 said:

my 47 card was in the headliner.

That seems like a hell of a place to put it. How were the people on the assembly line supposed to do a final quality control check if they can't get to it without tearing out the headliner?

Edited by knuckleharley

Hmmmmm . . .  interesting point. GM doesn’t make the Chevrolet Corvette body (I think Owens-Corning still does, but I’m not 100% sure about that), and as GM assembles the car, one copy of the build sheet used to be placed on top of the fuel tank during the assembly-line procedure. During a tour of the factory in Louisville several years ago, the speaker said the other one was discarded when the car passed the quality control checks. The same process—the body from another outside producer—GM’s bodies come from Fisher Body Company (a company GM wholly-owns)—but I think the system is similar.

With Chrysler utilizing a similar process of bodies built by another company (Briggs), I’d think that Chrysler would consider the body as one of the components (albeit one of the major components, to be sure), in their assembly procedure. As I think about it, using a similar process sounds logical, but that doesn’t mean it is. Your thot's???

Hi all

The Build Card of my 41 Dodge was located in the middle of the frame.
I have cleaned the frame before painting. I was very surprised to see the Build Card.

However I would be very happy if someone could decode the information on the card.

Many thanks,

Bernard

• 1 year later...

Sadly my build card was lost years ago, although I never thought to check the frame rails. I may have to break out the bore scope. Do you have a your data tag on the firewall? I have a '41 Chrysler and it has taken me years of research to decode my tag. Your tag has the basic information, the card has what equipment or options the car was built or ordered with. The holes are indicate what options/equipment your car has. The card also shows your interior trim code as 124. This would be the type of material and color your interior was. I have included a link to an old post that may help you. http://p15-d24.com/topic/34169-build-card-for-my-old-dodge/  I also included a picture of the decoded build card and my decoded data tag so far. Hope this helps you on your quest. -J.

post-613-0-33958800-1411568004.jpg

Body_Tag_Decoded.jpg