Hole saws

wayfarer

On the Land Speed site a guy posted that the company he works for was going out of the hole saw making business and selling out at $2.35 a saw. Bimetal or carbide tipped. I bought some and tried a 1 7/16 and a 3 7/8 carbide tip today and they cut on size and round dry. I love them and the price is great. I tried on a '56 Chevy pickup frame piece (.150 steel and .041 half hard copper. Head gasket material) Love them. But I think all the popular sizes are gone now. If you think you will need hole saws for a project then time to stock up.  For reasons unknown to me you have to click the Fine Woodworking banner at the top of the page to get to the carbide tipped saws. http://www.sawbladeexpress.com/ProductListing.aspx?CatId=c99cfe4d-df45-40b8-a8cc-49e370177476

The amount of available inventory is unknown.
Edited by wayfarer

3 hours ago, wayfarer said:

On the Land Speed site a guy posted that the company he works for was going out of the hole saw making business and selling out at $2.35 a saw. Bimetal or carbide tipped. I bought some and tried a 1 7/16 and a 3 7/8 carbide tip today and they cut on size and round dry. I love them and the price is great. I tried on a '56 Chevy pickup frame piece (.150 steel and .041 half hard copper. Head gasket material) Love them. But I think all the popular sizes are gone now. If you think you will need hole saws for a project then time to stock up.  For reasons unknown to me you have to click the Fine Woodworking banner at the top of the page to get to the carbide tipped saws. http://www.sawbladeexpress.com/ProductListing.aspx?CatId=c99cfe4d-df45-40b8-a8cc-49e370177476

The amount of available inventory is unknown.

Cool man!

Thanks for that tip.

I just bought 13 hole saws I'll probably never use and the shipping was more that the cost of the saws.

We'll see if they are any good or if I just fed 17 chinamen. (meant as a joke about buying things made in China being junk, not to disparage anyone of the oriental persuasion

)

I have a good selection of hole saws collected over the years and every time I see one at a swap meet or flea market/yard sale/pawnshop...if priced fairly, it comes home with me.  Bought 5 at the flea market last Saturday new for 8.00 for all as a package deal. 

I did not look a the shipping but followed the link to the listed saw sizes....nice selection..