P15 on the road

SteveMopar

Got the car on the road at last. Had a run around local at the weekend, shakedown run.

Drives nice,  brakes are , I would say adequate. Needs the carb tinkering with or the timing. We run a different octane fuel over here. Will meddle around with the car as I go along,although there isn't that much to do to be honest.

Overall I'm happy with the old Mopar. Had years of fast big block B bods to rort around in, nice to be pottering around for a change. .........pipe and slippers next!!

IMG_20170429_151547.jpg

• Like 4

You can set your ignition timing to real world conditions with a vacuum gauge.  Attach the gauge to the intake manifold wind screen wiper port works nicely if you have vacuum wipers.  Withe the car at operating temp at idle, rotate the distributor to achieve the highest steady vacuum reading.  Re adjust the idle speed as necessary to retail proper idle speed. Now snug the distributor slightly and go for a ride.  Listen carefully for any engine knock under load, brisk acceleration at speed, under load as in climbing a grade.  If there is spark knock, regards the timing in small increments till it disappears. When it is no longer present under load tighten down the distributor. You have now road timed your enginefor actual driving conditions and fuel quality.   

• Like 5

Pretty car. Almost the same shade of green as my P-15.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

.........pipe and slippers next!!   and a nice set of knave plates.....!

Knave plates ??

4 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

.........pipe and slippers next!!   and a nice set of knave plates.....!

8 hours ago, SteveMopar said:

Got the car on the road at last. Had a run around local at the weekend, shakedown run.

Drives nice,  brakes are , I would say adequate. Needs the carb tinkering with or the timing. We run a different octane fuel over here. Will meddle around with the car as I go along,although there isn't that much to do to be honest.

Overall I'm happy with the old Mopar. Had years of fast big block B bods to rort around in, nice to be pottering around for a change. .........pipe and slippers next!!

IMG_20170429_151547.jpg

Very nice.   Keep us posted.  And more pics to.  Enjoy.