HEADLINER BOWS

48ply1stcar

not anal is my vote. The last thing you want to see is rust stains bleeding through a beautiful new headliner. That is, of course, if they had any rust on them. By the way , that car is looking great.

while a well sewn headliner will have the listing attached and when installed should not allow the bows to touch the actual fabric of the headliner...I too painted my bows on install......it only take a minute to protect them for the great grandkids...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

2 hours ago, 48ply1stcar said:

I primed and painted my headliner bows.

PLEASE CHOOSE:  Anal, Not Anal

headlinerbows.jpg

*I* choose "normal".

Which may scare you a bit.

I did mine with epoxy primer when we were doing the body work. Then just applied some good VHT black paint.............so all of us are either anal or normal...............we all have OCD to some extent...............Old Car Disorder......

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RobertKB said:

Mine were painted from the factory.......so not anal. 

everyone I have seen so far as had some sort of paint from the factory on install...just I do not see any great work went into the prep nor any primer beneath the applied coating...so, odds are unless the car lead a sheltered life (literally) they going to need some sort of touching up/repaint  some are alss spot painted with x color dots, am sure these dots are in some sort of order but I admit did not see this till after removed so mine went back by the number/letter stamped...wonder if their color code is like that of electronic resistors coding...BBROYGBVGW GSN